6 WTF Japanese Trends (You Can Blame on White Guys)

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18567_6-japanese-subcultures-that-are-insane-even-japan.html?wa_user1=4&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=recommended

Go home Japan, you're drunk!

ku-xlarge.jpg

I might try the Male Host look for a week.  Be a change from the tracky dacks and full beard :p

^New York City, only has a bit over 8 million.. 20 is huge.

what a ridiculous list (i live in Japan). :p
Kobe is a long way from Tokyo or Kyoto, where this stuff might be more present. ^^
Oh don't worry, I go to Tokyo often enough :p

And Tokyo is not Japan, by the way. There's only 20 million people living there, and 100 million outside.
That's more than twice the amount that lives in my country. 20M is probably more than lives in all of scandinavia :B

what a ridiculous list (i live in Japan). :p
Kobe is a long way from Tokyo or Kyoto, where this stuff might be more present. ^^
I just noticed you said "Kobe is a long way from Kyoto" as well, and you must be obviously drunk or something, since it's a 50 minutes ride from Kobe ! Check your maps before writing stuff!

And The train video above is ony in Tokyo at rush hour timing. Never happens otherwise. And in the rest of Japan you never see that.

That vid's years old, as you can probably tell from the video quality. I mean, well over ten years old.  You're telling me that still happens in Tokyo?  In the big cities over here if you can't get on the first train you queue up for the second or the third one.  Does mean you have to get up a lot earlier if you've got an early meeting to avoid being late, and it does mean there are queues out into the street when there are more people can travel than can get on the available trains.

Although I guess with 20M people there's a danger that if you join the back of a big queue after work it might be time to get the train back into work in the morning by the time you get to the front.

I just noticed you said "Kobe is a long way from Kyoto" as well, and you must be obviously drunk or something, since it's a 50 minutes ride from Kobe ! Check your maps before writing stuff!
"Long" is a very relative term. Calm down a bit. oO

I do not drink alcohol, nor caffeine or other drugs. I am quite straight edge, so this cannot be. ;)

And The train video above is ony in Tokyo at rush hour timing. Never happens otherwise. And in the rest of Japan you never see that.
Even if it were half as many people it would still be hard to believe that people are not waiting for the next train.

"Long" is a very relative term. Calm down a bit. oO

I do not drink alcohol, nor caffeine or other drugs. I am quite straight edge, so this cannot be. ;)

Even if it were half as many people it would still be hard to believe that people are not waiting for the next train.
Ah! See! There is the problem :) With a drink in ya, all the rides are much shorter.

(Though Kobe is a stone's throw from Kyoto)

That situation actually might be from people transferring from a local to a rapid train, as evidence by the other train on the right side. There might not be many people on the platform, but loads moving from one train to the next.

I have been in a situation like that before. The Toyoko Line in the morning from Yokohama to Shibuya (just after taking an all night bus (didn't sleep) to visit Ekianjo actually). I almost died.

Back