-

The EXT port has 2 serial ports, both of which can be reconfigured to GPIO. They aren't just serial, they're 6 extra buttons or LEDs you can slap on wherever you want, 4 of which are PWM capable for variable brightness LEDs if you want.

Oh man, now I'm sold. I'll take one!

(don't worry about this being my 1st post: I've got an order in somewhere near the end of the first batch and have been lurking for a long time :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
I PM'd you as well, I need a good afternoon project making a few cables.

I guess I will take 10, should last for the rest of my Pandoras life...

Well, I'm only getting a single Pandora, but a spare plug would be good, so maybe two.

I'll take 10 to 20 pcs - depending on price. Although read this: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54753-how-do-i-activate-the-video-out/page__view__findpost__p__929468

I think that there is enough connectors, just ask Craing...

edit: mistype

So me ordering these would be a lost cause if they already have said connectors? I still haven't gotten to the ordering stage yet, so... Can someone clarify?
well they said back in 2008 that they'd sell connectors but they also said it would ship in 2008 so who knows :)

well they said back in 2008 that they'd sell connectors but they also said it would ship in 2008 so who knows :)
Yeah, there's lots of people wanting these, and they have 10k+ of them. They have said they will sell them, but never got any real estimate on "when".

Feels a lot like asking for ETA on the TV-out cables. Answer is silence or "we're working on it" :/

Truthfully the TV out isn't anything I'm dying for. Getting access to those two serial ports is more interesting to me.

^ Yeah me too. I think they should actually sell some cables with the connector in one end, and some simple way to interface with a PCB (they've used 2x7 IDC before with the breakout board, but that feels a bit "internal connector" to me, maybe 15-pos D-Sub would work, or ... well something relatively cheap,"small",rugged,etc :p ) in the other end, so I could get designing add-on boards :p

EDIT: Maybe named "peripheral cables" or something like that, so that you wouldnt need a different special cable for each add-on people create, and that people could create add-ons with simple to get (== in digikey stock) components.

Back