4gb: Enough For Programs?

WhereMyArm

Still Fresh
I'm thinking about getting 4GB SDHC card for all my programs and a 16GB card for all my video/audio/roms etc. Is 4GB enough for all the programs I could possibly want on my Pandora, provided I won't be running Ubuntu or anything like that? What say ye, Pandora community?

WhereMyArm said:
I'm thinking about getting 4GB SDHC card for all my programs and a 16GB card for all my video/audio/roms etc. Is 4GB enough for all the programs I could possibly want on my Pandora, provided I won't be running Ubuntu or anything like that? What say ye, Pandora community?
Well that depends on how many programs you plan on bloating your pandora with. but 4G is like 5 cd-roms worth of storage, and unless I'm mistaken th Os and probably a media player is pre packed in the internal memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Programs itself usually shouldn't be that big, so 4GB should theoretically be enough for all the programs you will use

WhereMyArm said:
That sounds like a sensible approach actually.

I would expect even a gig would be enough for programs, emulators etc.

My GP2X is currently running a 2GB card with all programs, emulators, roms, games etc on it and theres still about 700MB free.

How do you do that? My 4GB µSD for my DS is filled filled and I still need more space.

Kyosys said:
How do you do that? My 4GB µSD for my DS is filled filled and I still need more space.
he has a 4gb which will take the place of the ds and a 16 gig that will take up the space used by...ah...backups on your card.

yeah 4gb is way more than enough. Most of what you need will already be on the internal memory and programs that take up a lot of space probably wouldn't be suitable for a handheld anyway.

magicman5421 said:
Kyosys said:
he has a 4gb which will take the place of the ds and a 16 gig that will take up the space used by...ah...backups on your card.

I was talking to the guy above my post

Kyosys said:
Remove the games that you dont play! My flashcard has a 2gb MicroSD and it's really enough for my homebrew games/apps , firmware and games/emulators

I think I'll go with that setup then. It's good to know that people use 4GB on their GP2X's and find it to be enough, so it should be fine with Pandora. I've heard a lot of people doing the dual 8GB cards, dual 16, etc, and I don't think I could justify having my programs on an 8 gig card, while the content fills the other one. (I can't have it overflowing to the program card, now! That would be ludicrous!)

WhereMyArm said:
I think I'll go with that setup then. It's good to know that people use 4GB on their GP2X's and find it to be enough, so it should be fine with Pandora. I've heard a lot of people doing the dual 8GB cards, dual 16, etc, and I don't think I could justify having my programs on an 8 gig card, while the content fills the other one. (I can't have it overflowing to the program card, now! That would be ludicrous!)
Yeah then you couldn't easily format it and reinstall Window-... Oh. Nevermind, wrong system. :D

Back