3rd Sd Slot?

sure if you want that attached to it and dont want a regular usb flash disk

Why not a 64GB USB stick? :) Cost only 100 euro's *lol* Well, its cheaper then 2 * 32GB SD's, and it has no moving parts ( unlike a usb 1.8" hd ).

I do wonder how much power a SD vs USB stick vs 1.8" HD differs.

Well im thinking of getting a 16 gb SD for music
another 16 gb for roms , ebooks and others.
Then a 32 gb flash for bigger files like Ps1 Iso , Videos and all that.
Im trying to find the less expensive solution. Sure if i was rich i'd get 2 32gb sdhc , but its way too expensive.

a friend of mine picked up 2 16gb SDHCs from buy.com for bout 6 bucks each... chances are you arn't gonna be playing all your PS1 ISOs at the same time so.... get some cheap 16gb cards for those and a single 32gb card for the rest of your stuff leaving the one card in all the time and you can swap out the 16gb cards as you please

heh... sure arn't any that cheap on there now... LOL I have no idea how he finds these crazy good deals xD

cb88 said:
a friend of mine picked up 2 16gb SDHCs from buy.com for bout 6 bucks each... chances are you arn't gonna be playing all your PS1 ISOs at the same time so.... get some cheap 16gb cards for those and a single 32gb card for the rest of your stuff leaving the one card in all the time and you can swap out the 16gb cards as you please
I guess some people are not content with just swapping files between their pc and pandora. I find it ridiculous that someone would need to carry around an entire library of PS1 games to wip out at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Lets say im a lazy bitch.

32 + 16 would be enough for me.
But still ... 32 is lotsa money , give me a shout if you find a sweet deal.

I wouldnt carry my whole Ps1 library... its about 50 gigs.
It was meant For ps1 stuff , videos AND OTHER large files... ok maybe i could fit in some not so large roms in there too...
i find 32 gb is a pretty sweet companion for this task.
and even with that 16 gb for music , thats like a quarter of my library.

32 + 16 would be enough.
but im still a lazy bitch ... 32 + 32 would be awesome.
still ... 32 is lotsa money , give me a shout if you find a sweet deal.

Watch out, though. They don't say whether or not they're USB 2.0 (required for the "regular" USB slot in the back of the Pandora). It'd be bummer to have to add an adapter or hub to the back of the Pandora just for an SD card. :p

I actually have this and, oddly enough, that's the same exact page I bought it from. Personally, I don't like the Card Reader that it came with so I bought this Card Reader at a local Wal-Mart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9722060

I use this along with the SD card instead of the one that it comes with because with the Targus one I feel more secure and confident that the card won't fall off or break. It works really well for me.

It could work, I guess, but I'm not a hundred percent certain of it.

I have something like that as well, a Sandisk MicroMate. Came with a Sandisk 1GB card I bought for my GP2X. The Sandisk is shorter and wider though, and comes with a cap that covers either the USB end or the card end. It is roughly the dimensions of an old Compact Flash card, but twice as thick.

ahahah its funny to see how back in the days 32 Gb was alot for a computer.
and now im rocking a 1TB computer and i consider this alot.
and theres a guy making a joke about 1TB sdhc
While during this moment i have a hunch that 1TB NANO Sdhc is not that futuristic.
ahaha.

I think I'll slowly move up the SD chain.

I ordered two Pandoras and I have I have a 16GB for my GP2X right now, so I might just get another 16GB giving me 16GB to my each of my Pandoras, downgrading my GP2X down to my 2GB. When 32GB cards cost less than 40 I'll buy two, one for each of my Pandoras so they have 48GB each. When the next size comes out I'll buy two of them retiring the 16GB SDs.

Well, that's if I need that much space on my second Pandora. Really the only reason I'm getting a second one is so I can let people borrow it so I can play with them, so the second one won't need the space for music or movies so maybe it will be ok with just 16GB? Then when we want to play something else I'll just erase something off of the second one and move the other game over thorough wifi?

But I think using an external USB anything 100% of the time is a little extreme, Although I could see only hooking it up to move something onto my Pandora. In fact, that would be a good idea, CandidStan points out that he can't see why people don't want to move files between their PC and Pandora, but I intend to use only the Pandora for net, e-mail, chat, video, games, ect. a full month just to get used to it and to help out on bugs, so I might end up doing this.

Wow, that was a long post, some of it irrelevant to the topic, it's late and I'm tired, sorry.

Mr.Gonzo said:
ahahah its funny to see how back in the days 32 Gb was alot for a computer...
When I bought my first Atari ST with an external drive of 60Mb, that was HUGE in those days ...
On my HP85 I had 8K and an external memory expansion of 16K. After that updrade it could fly ...
BTW : I'm selling my old 16Mb SD card. Anyone interested ?

Mr.Gonzo said:
http://www.amazon.com/TOPRAM-Memory-Secure...6673&sr=1-5

TOPRAM in an obscure word font...
Price is good , class is good... but the product itself... im kinda scared. ahah
WHat do you guys think? help a geek out!

i say go for it; amazon's return policy is good normally.
i'd buy through newegg tho if i were you
and also, i'm going to wait until the week before my pandora arrives to buy my sd card. or maybe when it arrives, as i have 2 2gb cards lying around. the price is bound to come down.

My 286 pc (which I only upgrade in 1999) had a 12mb hard-disk! A friend of mine partitioned it into several partitions saying that this would give me more overall space (don't know if it was actually true though!) so I spent years managing multiple drives... of approx 2 megabytes! I managed to cram in Windows 3.1 and several DOS games in there.

Ever tried playing Wolfenstien 3D from a floppy disk? I don't recommend it, waiting for the game to load navigating round every corner isn't fun!

Back