GP2X 3g/4g For Gp2x

Zeladin

http://www.wattystuff.net/tiki/tiki-index....Linux%20Drivers

I thought someone might be interested in this, or want to help/use what's been done/whatever. Some might recall me muttering about wireless internet a while back. I thought it would be kind of cool, seems to be a bunch of random people working on drivers anyway.

Also Digiweb in Ireland are rolling out 4G (You can get a demo pcmcia modem by some complicated means I think). A usb modem (with built in battery so no power issues) is on the horizon, which would go a treat with the GP2x, but then that's not so useful as 3G to most people... How many in Slovakia with Gp2xes?

http://www.wattystuff.net/tiki/tiki-index....page=Flash-OFDM

There is source code available :) 4G on that wiki, and 3G er somewhere, one would need the usb driver version. I haven't looked into this much myself yet...

I did this with one of my E220's some time ago just for the hell of it and it works well enough I guess. Its just driven as a serial modem for the most part after all.

The USB interface on the GP2X will hamper anything like HSDPA speeds mind you ;).

is it possible to do wifi on the gp2x? I could see problems since apparently the USB is not powered and the only feasable way to do wifi would be usb though the possibilities of a serial wifi card is definetly not a pipe dream if my understanding of the serial port is right.

I think this is well over possible if not done before.
IF the drivers for the wifi/3G/4G usb device are avaliable then they can be ported. simple.
but then there is the job of utilising the devices. its pretty useless porting drivers for something that wont do anything.
What we then need is for Firefox to be ported to the gp2x (i think the source is available, if not then find one whose source is). not so simple.

Kudos to anyone who has already ported a decent web browser to gp2x.

aaron11193 said:
I think this is well over possible if not done before.
IF the drivers for the wifi/3G/4G usb device are avaliable then they can be ported. simple.
but then there is the job of utilising the devices. its pretty useless porting drivers for something that wont do anything.
What we then need is for Firefox to be ported to the gp2x (i think the source is available, if not then find one whose source is). not so simple.

Kudos to anyone who has already ported a decent web browser to gp2x.
Mozilla firefox source code

anymore questions? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back