£375 are you having a laugh????

I swear to God, if I hear one more person saying "Widnows on the Pandora", I'm going to get my E-gun and E-shoot someone in the E-face.
I feel the same way actually, when windows runs on ARM Microsoft will be more of a joke and less people will buy their crap. Also, Windows CE, are you serious johnsongrantr?
Yea, Nevermind all that other shit I said...

Thank you everybody for your replies , i wasnt out to troll or belittle a marketing miracle that is the pandora.

but

firstly , the response that amounts too , "the price is what we need to survive or we will lose our houses"

c'mon .... grow up if a) your stupid enough to bet your house or b)see a , then you deserve to lose ur house.......

the money is secondary to the time i would input into the pandora , respect to the creators but i think i will wait for the 2nd incarnation and hope it doesnt suffer from the problems of the first.....

the pandora is an amazing bit of kit , (even on ebay!!!!!!!!)

It's just money, seriously I get more every week..

I bought two Pandoras and an ICP just for kicks.. It's been worth it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
but i think i will wait for the 2nd incarnation and hope it doesnt suffer from the problems of the first.....
We could all go around bumping threads to say what we're thinking - "I think I'll wait for the next version.", "I think I'll wait for the car to stop before I try to get out of it.", "I think I'll wait until my food is cooked before I attempt to consume it." - but we don't do that around here. ;)

(In other words, you bumped a thread six months dead just to tell us what you were thinking. It probably wasn't a necessary bump.)

Well, this may be a dead topic, but I obviously missed it the first time around.

I didn't realise the Pandora was so expensive now. I'm sure I paid around £250 for mine? I seem to remember it being about £300 with an SD card, TV cable and case. TBH, I don't know if I'd have bought one if it was £375, I might not buy one now for that price. Mind you, my income situation has changed since I ditched work to do a PhD... if I was still working I guess it wouldn't matter at all.

I suppose my issues are

(a) I don't travel as much any more so I don't get to use it as much as I'd like

( B) I don't have as much free time in general as I used to so I don't get to use it as much as I'd like

© the USB host on my device doesn't work. I know I need to RMA it, and it isn't really a fair point because I seem to be more-or-less the only one with this defect, but I think if USB host worked I'd have more fun with it

(d) The keyboard isn't that good. I mean, it's fine if you have to, but just not usable for real stuff.. I wouldn't type a document on it, or do any coding. I think it is kind of impossible to get a really good keyboard made on a small scale though. Maybe I have been spoiled by the amazing keyboards on the Psion devices I love so much.

(e) It's not really an issue, but ideally, I'd like the LCD to reach all the way to the edge of the lid without much of a bezel around it. Maybe my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.

So for me the ideal would probably be a 7inch pandora with the keyboard of a psion 5 but keeping the gaming controls. While I'm asking for stuff I may as well say put an A9 in there and double the RAM.

The thing is, even though I just trashed it a bit, I truly love my pandora, and I think it achieves exactly what it set out to. I'm still stunned playing N64 and PSX games on it, downloading the latest homebrew, playing old PC games. It emulates better than any handheld device out there, ever, full stop. And it has better controls than any handheld device out there, ever, full stop.

If you want to play your old games, new homebrew, play games on the move, join a community, and aren't bothered about the latest and greatest sony or nintendo stuff, (pretty much just described myself) then there really isn't a question about what you should buy. Plus you have the potential to make your own stuff for it. And all the internet/computer in your pocket stuff.

I do need to take a look at the CPC emulator at some point. It cuts off the bottom of the screen in arkanoid so you can't see the ship. Which makes it impossible to play. And everyone knows that the CPC had the best version of arkanoid, right? (the music, you have to hear the music!)

Hmmm. I'm sure there was a structured point in there somewhere, but it got lost somehow. What the hell, just hit post!

I do need to take a look at the CPC emulator at some point. It cuts off the bottom of the screen in arkanoid so you can't see the ship. Which makes it impossible to play. And everyone knows that the CPC had the best version of arkanoid, right? (the music, you have to hear the music!)
And the top of the screen flashes in several games. And the menus need some work. I just wish I had the time to spend on it at the moment!

Windows on Pandora!

Windows on Pandora!

Windows on Pandora!

Windows on Pandora!

Windows on Pandora!

Muuuaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Let her rip Jacko!!!! :blink:

hmmmmmmm....69 posts...lol

Windows on Pandora!

Windows on Pandora!

Windows on Pandora!

Windows on Pandora!

Windows on Pandora!

Muuuaaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Let her rip Jacko!!!! :blink:

hmmmmmmm....69 posts...lol

Hm ... that reminds me of something....

fvesq87p.jpg

s9qeelxo.jpg

Source: http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12708

Very nice...My plans to make Eridger are nearly complete! Muuuuaaaaaaahahahaha! :blink:

Back