$35 Computer? Do Want!

You don't make me do nothing.

Bitch.

(crap we are totally gonna get reamed for going off topic on this one)

XxionxX said:
What ever happened to this whole OLPC thing?
Yeah, it was the "$100 laptop"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLPC

It became $199 mysteriously.
If the $35 tablet guys are lucky, they can make it down to $100.

What I would do is stop taking "$dollar_amount $techno_noun" guys seriously. Was the Pandora called the "$340 gaming UMPC"? NO. And it has succeeded, slowly.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the time it gets to OZ with all the enterperinal middle men it will cost about $350 if we are lucky, dream on

XxionxX said:
What ever happened to this whole OLPC thing? Wasn't that supposed to be the next big thing for poor internet users? I really liked that project, It seemed to have a lot of potential.

It is going on, with the XO 1.5 laptop getting into schools right now (like the original XO, with better specs) and they're working on a new arm-based design for the future.

Overall, it's proving to be quite a successful project, except in the "communications in the developed world" area, which has been plagued by unrealistic claims.

Exophase said:
You don't make me do nothing.

Bitch.

(crap we are totally gonna get reamed for going off topic on this one)

You rang? ;)

These cheap laptops are always announced at a much cheaper price than they end up being released as. Of course this might not even come out at all much less at that $35 price. While a price that cheap is never realistic it certainly grabs headlines.

lulzfish said:
Was the Pandora called the "$340 gaming UMPC"? NO. And it has succeeded, slowly.

I'm going to resurrect this thread from forum's past, just to say that the pandora is actually in the process of succeeding.

Back