3 Year Anniversary

vaporware

Around 3000 Padoras were delivered and are working. I dont think you can call something vaporware, which was actually delivered.

Sorry, but I'm not participate in pandora activities, nor have or ever plan to buy this vaporware.

How can you call it vaporware when so many people have Pandoras? I suppose this statement might have made sense like... 2 years ago, but it's far too late now. Here's a simple definition of what vaporware is (from Wikipedia):

Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially canceled.

News flash: the Pandora has been released and delivered to many people. It's just that, due mostly to CC, a good chunk of people still didn't get theirs yet.

Good Lord, these people seem to forget how to search for, read, and analyze information. On the Internet, of all places.

I will agree that ED has gone about this in a top-notch matter. He could include dog turds in each package, and come out in one piece. Craig, I can't say. Not because of his conduct, but because of his relative lack of it. I do agree that his statements do create more questions than they answer (though I also think part of that comes from his track record). I'm not capable of reading his mind, though, nor will I pretend or try to be. Color me neutral.

MaAYYBiii mii shuuld stadd poosting LIke that WYrd Gooy wOs Toolld mii tU have sockzess!

If it is existing users creating duplicate accounts to hide their faces, well they're just cowards.
That's where my money lies.
I can't speak for anyone else, but it is a policy of mine to check for these.

There are a couple of users here who have done such things (you know who you are, and so do we), but even then, those people have not done so in order to troll (generally only to try to make it appear as though more people hold their opinion).

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what will happen if we all (Like every single person on the forum) gives a call to CC. Wonder if they will A) get their act together B) Sue us or C) Not give a damn and just cut the phone lines.
Pranking CC because openpandora team failure is bad action. You will disgrace yourself.

Did I say I was going to do that? I was just wondering what CC would even do, they don't seem like the "go get em" and "get it done, out with these clowns" type from how they have acted in the past with the OPT.

Never prank called in my life, maybe your just disgracing yourself by trolling around? Have you though of that?

Me too.

I seen this thread and I had to post my me too as well. I actually ordered on 10/1/2008 so it has been over 3 years now. In that time I have bought a Droid 1, a Droid 2, and an ASUS Transformer and I have seriously considered cancelling, but I have hung in there because I believed in the original idea. I don't totally blame OpenPandora for the production delays nor have I ever thought that anyone was intentionally trying to screw us. What I do blame them for and have never been able to understand is why is it so hard to work out a reasonable queuing system? I ordered on 10/1/2008, that had to put me near the beginning of the list, especially with all of the cancellations that I am sure have happened. I was once told by Jacqueline that I was around 1300-1400 in the queue. Supposedly 3000 Pandoras have been shipped now. So, where is mine? Even if it will take another 2 months™, why can't someone just tell me where I am in the queue?

Me too.

I seen this thread and I had to post my me too as well. I actually ordered on 10/1/2008 so it has been over 3 years now. In that time I have bought a Droid 1, a Droid 2, and an ASUS Transformer and I have seriously considered cancelling, but I have hung in there because I believed in the original idea. I don't totally blame OpenPandora for the production delays nor have I ever thought that anyone was intentionally trying to screw us. What I do blame them for and have never been able to understand is why is it so hard to work out a reasonable queuing system? I ordered on 10/1/2008, that had to put me near the beginning of the list, especially with all of the cancellations that I am sure have happened. I was once told by Jacqueline that I was around 1300-1400 in the queue. Supposedly 3000 Pandoras have been shipped now. So, where is mine? Even if it will take another 2 months™, why can't someone just tell me where I am in the queue?

Don't forget that many of the people that ordered before you ordered multiple units. So queue position doesn't necessarily mean panda number.

Back