3 Year Anniversary

I'm a member of the "still waiting" club too. I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on my Pandora some day.

What a sad anniversary :( And it doesn't look like I will get my Pandora any time soon. This whole last year of waiting was truly very sad and frustrating. I just hope that we won't make it to the 4 year anniversary...

Maybe we should all phone CircuitCo and ask Clint where our boards are.

That's where you Pandora consoles are, in pieces at CircuitCo who barely even answer our emails now.

Let me know your thoughts.

Not replying to emails? Can you imagine?! For shame.

I think it's three years today for me too. Happy anniversary all! You know, I look back at that time and the estimates that said it would be out Christmas of that year and I wonder - is it actually possible to get it that wrong? Can that be done? Whether the answer is yes or it's no, the implications aren't pretty.

Still, what's encouraging is that those who got their Pandoras seem all across the board to love them. The versatility of the machine is still a huge draw. And, if these new plans all work out and the Pandora gets into the hands of more and more people, the potential for development is still exciting all these years later. It's still the machine I preordered because I thought it could offer so much and I do look forward to the day I have one. Assuming I'm still alive. So good luck to ED and the Pandora faithful!

Meet you here this time next year?

That's where you Pandora consoles are, in pieces at CircuitCo who barely even answer our emails now.

You fail providing proper management, so it all is your fault (openpandora team)

No preorderer made any contract with CircuitCo, so give em your personal number, so they all can call you and moralize you =D

Not replying to emails? Can you imagine?! For shame.

I think it's three years today for me too. Happy anniversary all! You know, I look back at that time and the estimates that said it would be out Christmas of that year and I wonder - is it actually possible to get it that wrong? Can that be done? Whether the answer is yes or it's no, the implications aren't pretty.

Still, what's encouraging is that those who got their Pandoras seem all across the board to love them. The versatility of the machine is still a huge draw. And, if these new plans all work out and the Pandora gets into the hands of more and more people, the potential for development is still exciting all these years later. It's still the machine I preordered because I thought it could offer so much and I do look forward to the day I have one. Assuming I'm still alive. So good luck to ED and the Pandora faithful!

Meet you here this time next year?

I'm hoping Pandora 2 will be much greater, and hopefuly we are paving our software path so right when Pandora 2 release all our current software is already there and we can work on new stuff. If we get backwards compatibility working almost perfectly, Pandora X (fill in the number here) will have a HUGE library of software.

I wonder what will happen if we all (Like every single person on the forum) gives a call to CC. Wonder if they will A) get their act together B) Sue us or C) Not give a damn and just cut the phone lines.

I wonder what will happen if we all (Like every single person on the forum) gives a call to CC. Wonder if they will A) get their act together B) Sue us or C) Not give a damn and just cut the phone lines.
Pranking CC because openpandora team failure is bad action. You will disgrace yourself.

Pranking CC because openpandora team failure is bad action. You will disgrace yourself.
Ultimately, it's CC's fault. I personally don't think we ought to do it, just because it would undermine any law suit that might have to be filed to recover the losses due to CC's inability to follow through on it's end of the bargain.

Ultimately, it's CC's fault. I personally don't think we ought to do it, just because it would undermine any law suit that might have to be filed to recover the losses due to CC's inability to follow through on it's end of the bargain.
Aren't that kind of responsibilities are stated in contract that openpandora made with CC?

Openpandora team failed to present the interests of it's customers.

And they constantly blame third parties for their own fault.

Maybe pandora pcb schematics are total mess that will fail to produce even in germany (who knows), but CC did great job producing 3+k of pcbs

Last edited:
Circuit Co can't populate Texas Instruments Beagleboards at a decent rate. I had a 3 month wait to get those and that PCB was considerable simpler in design. My guess is they are struggling to supply their main customer Ti and had to short a considerable lesser volume customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Circuit Co can't populate Texas Instruments Beagleboards at a decent rate. I had a 3 month wait to get those and that PCB was considerable simpler in design. My guess is they are struggling to supply their main customer Ti and had to short a considerable lesser volume customer.
Even with that, why openpandora didn't find better production?

3 years is more that a half-of-life of proper gaming system =O

Because it costs tons of money to switch production, Circuit Co was trickling small amounts of boards with promises that they will pick up the pace..

Also, no they haven't done a good job producing 3k+ boards, the return rate speaks for itself. This has nothing to do with how the circuit board was designed. Mweston who designed the boards isn't an amateur.

Have you bothered to even follow what is going on with the project?

Because it costs tons of money to switch production, Circuit Co was trickling small amounts of boards with promises that they will pick up the pace..

Also, no they haven't done a good job producing 3k+ boards, the return rate speaks for itself. This has nothing to do with how the circuit board was designed. Mweston who designed the boards isn't an amateur.

Have you bothered to even follow what is going on with the project?
The first it is to be bothered is openpandora team.

They wasted your money, they wasted your time.

The first it is to be bothered is openpandora team.

They wasted your money, they wasted your time.

Your first sentence is incoherent.

Secondly, I already got my Pandora almost a year ago. I also still have a second unit coming in due time. Wasted money? No I love this device, It gets more use than my Android phone and regular PC.

@Plaguespark this statement is bollocks. ' Maybe pandora pcb schematics are total mess that will fail to produce even in germany (who knows), but CC did great job producing 3+k of pcbs' .As for cc doing a great job well thats like sayin hitler did a great job which he patently didnt.The technology is sound as i have a flawless fully working pandora and am patiently waiting on another.M weston knows what hes doing.

For the last five months, I've tried to work with CC (wasn't involved in that process before) .

And yes, while a lot of issues occured before because we never did such thing before (except for MWeston, who is a professional designer), I can assure you that CC is responsible for the missing PCBs.

Instead of producing them until Oct. 18th as they promised, they didn't bother with it.

That lead to oxidating PCBs and a terrible failure rate (about 30% I guess)

They didn't keep any deadline, the've broken every promise, they haven't even been able to tell me how many PCBs are left to produce and how many are left to repair.

(and I'm trying to get that number for months now!)

Monday two weeks ago they said they will give us a detailed status report in a few days.

Nothing happened, so we reminded them on Monday last week and got a reply that this will happen until Thursday.

Nothing happened on Thursday, so we asked again on Friday and got the reply that we'll get in on Saturday.

Needless to say we don't haven't received anything on Saturday.

I've got tons of mails like that, a high failure rate and next to no shipments, which is the reason we change companies.

Problems always can happen, but then you need to work together to solve them... and that doesn't really work.

A different company contacted us a while ago. They also planned to have their PCBs produced at CC. They went there for the prototype run - and 16 out of 16 PCBs failed out of the box. They could be fixed, but that's not how it was supposed to work.

I guess it was similar with our prototypes and they have just been fixed before being sent to us, but that's something I can only guess, not prove.

Then we got boards that should've been visually inspected which were missing big components like volume wheels or battery contacts...

This is something that can't be bad design by MWeston, right?

See, while we surely ARE responsible for a lot of delays by learning what we're doing, this surely doesn't fall into that category.

God give edd a rest people you trolls are really annoying me now.All bloody week long whine whine whine. The man gets 4 hours sleep a night. If i dont get 8 im a cranky son of a......

Back