2gb Sd Card?

Polymira

Still Fresh
Anyone know of a 2gig SD card that works with the gp2x? There is a gp2x on a shelf in my house, wrapped in gift wrapping for me to open sunday, and i'd like to have one ordered and shipped by then...

So thank you.

Try here, there might be a couple.

Otherwise, most 2GB SD cards should work. Although I read somewhere that 1.2.0 firmware supported the 2GB SDs, whereas 1.2.1 didn't, but supported Toshiba SDs. So don't buy a Toshiba 2GB card (or a Viking one, those are just Toshiba with a sticker on). Though, the 1.3.0 firmware should hopefully be out by Sunday.

I have firmware 1.21 and it works perfectly with my pqi 2GB 133x SD card that I got brand new on ebay for $98.

I can't guarantee that it works, but here is a very good deal on a good card:
LINK!

I am looking for a fast 2 gb sd as well cause I am going to get myself an gp2x

how about a list of 2 gb sd cards that works and what kinda fw etc as a sticky

I do know the wiki page

Weird im getting my Gp2x on sunday to for my B-day(assuming it comes in on time) and where did you order from because most place I checked all sold 2 gig cards for a reasonable price and that should work because they ae being sold with the system

Derek

my girl ordered my gp2x from play-asia.com, paid for UPS shipping, and it came in less then 4 days. This was 5 days ago.

So yeah, i hear a lot of people talking about waiting a long amount of time .. but play-asia sent it quick, and even included a free bag of japanese candy =p

I ordered a 2gb sandisk off of ebay today for $100 shipped.

btw, that means your b-day is Jan 29th Pat? If so, right on .. what year?

my girl ordered my gp2x from play-asia.com, paid for UPS shipping, and it came in less then 4 days. This was 5 days ago.

So yeah, i hear a lot of people talking about waiting a long amount of time .. but play-asia sent it quick, and even included a free bag of japanese candy =p

Me the same, except Airmail instead UPS because of shipping cost. My came in 10 days from hong-kong to Czech rep.

001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, question for you Eso!

I'm wanting to order a tv-out cable (for watching movies at work =p). But i've heard of nothing but problems with having to hold it in place, etc ...

How does yours work? As i was thinking about ordering one from play-asia right now ...

If you could test out for me, that'd be freakin great man!

If you want a T.V out cable that works for sure then why dont you get one from GBAX they are quite new and i read somewhere in a thread that they work really good

And yes it is on Sunday the 29th and The Year is 1989 which makes me almost 17

right on bro, thanks for the reply

happy early b-day, on sunday I will no longer be a teenager =/

Hey, question for you Eso!

I'm wanting to order a tv-out cable (for watching movies at work =p). But i've heard of nothing but problems with having to hold it in place, etc ...

How does yours work? As i was thinking about ordering one from play-asia right now ...

If you could test out for me, that'd be freakin great man!

Don't know how "new" TV cable looks, so I can't compare them. I've tried mine from play-asia and it seems to work normally as it should. I have it conneted like this: TV-->scart to cinch reduction-->homemade cinch to s-video-->TV-out cable-->GP2X.
Only problem was to find cinch to s-video male reduction. I couldn't find this kind of reduction and it was unnecessarily expensive in online shop so I've made it myself at the end. It was difference between 0,5€ for homemade and 7€ for manufactured reduction. :rolleyes:

BTW what are these problems people talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back