256mb Card

deadlychicken22

Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal
Website
Visit site
Well, my 1GB Kingston SD card can't upgrade the firmware, so I'd like to buy a smaller (256MB or so) SD card that IS supported (there's a list floating around somewhere....).

Could someone please give me a link to the cheapest one that they can find? I looked around and found that they were about $20 US, does that seem like a good price? Maybe someone could post the exact card they got and report that it worked so that I know that it will work for sure.

Thanks,
-ben

I personally don't think the firmware upgrading thing depends on the type of card you buy, but rather on what partition/filesystem you're using.

I mean, i have no way to explain why my Dame-elec 1GB wasn't compatible AT ALL with the unit, THEN magically, at #40 reformat using fdisk, it worked and now is always working.

The "compatible" card list doesn't seem that good anyway.

I can report a Dane-elec 256MB that is not working too... and someone could upgrade his firmware with it. So well...

I got my 256MB card from Wal-Mart for only $13.95 .... Impact is the brand. I quite honestly didn't expect it to work, being so cheap.

I use it for flashing and re-skinning :)

well, i have tried reformating my card many times and none of them worked....

EDIT: Well, if i get a chance i'll go look up at wal-mart. Hopefully they have some....

hello...

just to let you know I've tried lots of different sd cards and had no luck - the only one that worked was a 512mb Sandisk card. It worked instantly with no hassle. Everyone says that the make of card makes no difference - in my experience it does!!

just FYI

sping sping! :blink:

Slightly off-topic:

I have a 1GB Sandisk which was working fine, until I tried it in a dodgy cardreader which corrupted it. I deleted the partition and recreated it (through the GP2X via USB) and now I can't get it to detect anything on the card when it was previously working.

I can still read files through USB from the GP2X, but not from the GP2X its self.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? What type of partition is needed on the SD card for the GP2X to pick it up?

TelcoLou posted on Dec 7 2005 at 11:03 PM said:
I got my 256MB card from Wal-Mart for only $13.95 .... Impact is the brand. I quite honestly didn't expect it to work, being so cheap.

I use it for flashing and re-skinning :)

i got that same deal on black friday, i thought it was just a black friday thing. I am so going back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back