$25 bounty for Fabled Lands App (FLAPP)

This works

I tried uploading it to the Repo but for reasons I don't understand it overwrote the java.pnd, which is unfortunate if you haven't already downloaded Java as it is required to play FLApp. I'll get it sorted out as soon as possible, but it's almost bed time and my java builds are on hard drive not currently plugged into my desktop.

Anywho, assuming you did install java already and know how to manually install a PND, you should be quite happy with the results.

The only problem is the windows are a little too tall. The story window is easy to fix manually, just resize and drag it a little, but the adventure sheet is a fixed size: if you want to see the stuff on the bottom you'll need to hold shift to drag it up.

Other than that, everything seems to work. I played a bit, saved, loaded. Yeah, that's it.

If you have overwritten the java pnd, have a look at your app and package id.

I bet you used an old pxml template and forgot to change it.

I did use an old pxml template but I most definitely changed it.

"grep -i java *" returns nothing unexpected, nothing in the PXML, nothing in the pnd file, only in the executable script and readme where it says "java -jar flapp.jar". There should be nothing linking this PND back to the java PND.

Did you compile the pnd before changing the PXML?

Note that the attached PXML in the pnd file is read by the repo, not the one that is inside it.

No, it's all correct. "grep -i java flapp.pnd" gives nothing. Download and check the internal one yourself as well, no mention of java.

So am I.

Grepping a compressed file wouldn't return any hits. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
<package id="flapp_wizardstan">

First I uploaded it with just id="flapp" and when that came back as an overwrite I changed it to flapp_wizardstan.

Last edited by a moderator:
This worksI tried uploading it to the Repo but for reasons I don't understand it overwrote the java.pnd, which is unfortunate if you haven't already downloaded Java as it is required to play FLApp. I'll get it sorted out as soon as possible, but it's almost bed time and my java builds are on hard drive not currently plugged into my desktop.Anywho, assuming you did install java already and know how to manually install a PND, you should be quite happy with the results.The only problem is the windows are a little too tall. The story window is easy to fix manually, just resize and drag it a little, but the adventure sheet is a fixed size: if you want to see the stuff on the bottom you'll need to hold shift to drag it up.Other than that, everything seems to work. I played a bit, saved, loaded. Yeah, that's it.
Thanks! Sent you a PM.

Back