20gb Ipods 3rd & 4th Gen

OmarNawaz

Hiya

I guess you could use it for parts or someone with more know how could kinda frakenstein them together and make one working ipod

4th Gen 20GB case is in good condition minor scratches to front and rear

when my uncle gave it to me it had a folder with an exclamation mark, I tried to reinstall the ipod software on it but it just got worst now a sick ipod comes up when it turns on.

The battery still works fine

3rd Gen 20GB front of case in good condition minor scratches rear of case no so good loads of scratches and little gouge in the top right corner as your looking down on it.

this one i got off a friend he tells me he was trying to install ipodlinux and some weirdness happened so he uses apple software to reinstall a AC Adapter sign comes so he plugs it in and the ipod doesn't detect it and stays on AC adapter.

When I got it the batteries had completely died and its unresponsive to charger usb firewire guys over at ipodlinux says its unlikely it was caused by ipodlinux reckon must be the port at the bottom maybe pins are broken or something.

Anywho if anyones interesed let me know :D

EDIT: Also comes with a dual firewire usb cable

does ths 4g symbol look like this?

sad.gif

well it sounds like 100% the HDD is FUCKED!!!! Would it be possible for me to have a look at it, and if i can do something with it then get back to you, otherwise just send it back and cover shipping?

loz_the_guru posted on Mar 26 2006 at 11:13 PM said:
well it sounds like 100% the HDD is FUCKED!!!! Would it be possible for me to have a look at it, and if i can do something with it then get back to you, otherwise just send it back and cover shipping?

Im afraid not haven't really opened them up I've come across articles about replacement ipod hard drives but havent had the time or the parts to do it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
uhuh no go i tried hard disk mode before aswell

when i go into the dev menu and run the test it shows OK very strange only way i reckon this hard drive will be ressurected is by connecting it to a PC and running a hard disc repair tool might be a couple bad sectors

Back