2011: A Pre-Orderer's Odyssey

Brilliant read Mr Bowman, I'm really glad you have your Pandora at last, your story of your hacking progression is similar to mine although I didn't hack calculators I was always modding something or ripping apart an os or two, until I too finally settled on ubuntu, I mean why would I need to hunt down wifi drivers for slackware when ubuntu installs everything first time. I'm getting really lazy, but like you I'm really looking forward to finding out what I can do with a Pandora

Though I have some tech savvy, I am no programmer, and I am still learning the guts of linux (damn you Ubuntu for making it so user-friendly that I don't need to tear apart my OS all the time to get it to work!).

Install Gentoo :p

Very well written, thank you!

Man, you raised the bar...

I'm so glad i ordered a second (premium) and my unit will arrive today. I can't imagine how well written a review would have to be two months™ from now... ;)

Though I have some tech savvy, I am no programmer, and I am still learning the guts of linux (damn you Ubuntu for making it so user-friendly that I don't need to tear apart my OS all the time to get it to work!).

Install Gentoo :p

I have no desire to inflict that sort of pain upon myself thankyouverymuch. :p

I'm so glad i ordered a second (premium) and my unit will arrive today. I can't imagine how well written a review would have to be two months™ from now... ;)

I would love to order a second unit. Oddly, that's one of the first thoughts that I had. Unfortunately, I cannot as financial constraints will put an end any such musings before they even begin. I may order another battery - not because I need it, but just for a little more money to go into the pockets of the project.

Thank you everyone for reading, and also for your praise of the post (I do enjoy writing). I do hope that at the very least EvilDragon and Cragix read my message to the team, because that was my real motivation for posting yet another review. I just want them to know how impressed and satisfied I am with this thing. I named it TMA-1 after the Monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's just about as mysterious and awesome.

2001bedroom.jpg

Great read. It's good to have some refreshing positivity amongst all the delays.

The more I try to emulate anything on my iPhone, the more I look forward to getting a Pandora. The same, incidentally, applies to the PSP, Dingoo, N900 and more. They're just not the Pandora.

Back