2 Months™ and Communism Banter (Split from Springs are brilliant! )

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by docbroke, Jun 17, 2019.

1. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

Looks like things just got serious in the news thread :) I'll take that as a good sign...

2. pmprog

pmprog Advanced Member

I'm not bothered about politicking here, I was just surprised to hear that the Chinese government would care about a small business and back it up. If that's the case, then that's the case... colour me surprised, is all.

3. fusion_power

fusion_power Advanced Member

A split? Hmm, tough. ^^"
    Well, so or so, if you as a "western" company have "your man" there, you actualy also can achive alot more compared to if you only communicate with the chinese companies per mail, without man in the middle. Like during the Pandora development. It already helps if a western company has their office there and people who know how things work there. I'm sure this can lead to better and faster results than trying to do everything here in Europe. I strumbled over this youtube channel for instance: Strange Parts.

4. comradekingu

comradekingu Glowing ember

Whether one can, or have reason to, are two different matters.

5. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Well someone requested moderation, I provided it. I figure there would be less bitching to split it into off-topic than just outright deleting them.

levi likes this.
  6. Lambda

Lambda Member

I do not mind political discussion.

7. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Yeah, unfortunately for some, moderation on these boards and otherwhere has always meant you need to get the approval of the vast majority of readers, rather than just a simple majority. As such I'm thankful that my frivolous response was deemed not suitable for deletion but merely moving to a less important place*.

*Where it along with the whole new thread seems to be receiving the most interest of the day versus the news thread it was taken from and others. But that's only today's news, and to be fair, we've no idea how this will develop over the coming days.

8. directive0

directive0 Very Active Member

Just to throw my voice in here, I don't mind you folks having a go at the same political argument that has been happening since time immemorial, it's really just I wish there was a page with the most up to date info about the pyra. So I appreciate that they split this discussion from the main info thread, but its still hard to glean exactly where we are at.

I think that would be a great resource to have a single page with like update history for the project. Maybe even like a wiki page where commenting was closed so I could just get the straight goods.

ClockworkCoder likes this.
  9. Djoga'Ro

Djoga'Ro moonstruck

10. directive0

directive0 Very Active Member

Djoga'Ro likes this.