1Ghz Pandora owners buy-delivery dates

Hmmmm......did you buy from ED or Craig?

If Craig, you would have received a queue number. It would be a number somewhere between 1 to 150 (not exactly sure the top of the range, but something like this...).

Thanks.
Between 1 and 150?

I ordered (upgraded) at Craig at 9.august and my que position is 156

Basicly I was told then that the 1ghz units should ship by the end of august, thats why I upgraded. But now I start to fear that it will take ages before I get my unit.

btw. How does it work for refunds when people cancel their orders, Any experiences here, do people get their money back quickly or at all?

I start to think if I got my money back I could order it at ED's shop and get it earlier. Or are there similar delays in Ed's shop as well?

Hmmmm......did you buy from ED or Craig?

If Craig, you would have received a queue number. It would be a number somewhere between 1 to 150 (not exactly sure the top of the range, but something like this...).

Thanks.
Between 1 and 150?

I ordered (upgraded) at Craig at 9.august and my que position is 156

Re-read my statement...I qualified it about the top end of the range.... :rolleyes:

Basicly I was told then that the 1ghz units should ship by the end of august, thats why I upgraded. But now I start to fear that it will take ages before I get my unit.

btw. How does it work for refunds when people cancel their orders, Any experiences here, do people get their money back quickly or at all?

I start to think if I got my money back I could order it at ED's shop and get it earlier. Or are there similar delays in Ed's shop as well?

FWIW, several years ago, I was part of the first group of pre-orders for the original device....after months going by and realizing that the device may take a very long time to get produced, I requested cancellation of my order from Craig. I was refunded money promptly.

Others can share experience with ED as I have not ordered from him.

ED is nice I order from him twice and basically quite fast shipping.

Exactly same as described on the web if in stock.

also communication is good as well so no need to worry about that.

I can only hope that the pandora update from Craig tomorrow is a positive one. The idea of waiting till mid to end October for my 1ghz pandora is unacceptable to me with units available now. I will get refund/move order to Ed's shop somehow otherwise.

Trying to stay positive :)

Yeah, I'm basically waiting for the update that is maybe going to be given tomorrow. Unless it says something like "getting 100-150 units this week to ship out to preorders" I think a refund is happening for me. I was trying to stay positive about this whole thing too, but it's really, really, really hard to find positive things to say about the 1ghz preorder at this point as someone who preordered from Craig.

Yeah, I'm basically waiting for the update that is maybe going to be given tomorrow. Unless it says something like "getting 100-150 units this week to ship out to preorders" I think a refund is happening for me. I was trying to stay positive about this whole thing too, but it's really, really, really hard to find positive things to say about the 1ghz preorder at this point as someone who preordered from Craig.

Well 54 or so orders were fulfilled (~60 units) so its not like we've all been mugged off or anything. Just the fact noone knows whats happening next. As you say, another 50 units give or take should be able to fulfill the rest of the preorders at Craigs shop.

So lets hope, especially since there is zero reasons why not...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling like we've been mugged or something like that. I feel pretty confident that if I just wait it out, I'll have my unit some time in the next 6 months. As sad as that may be.

What is unacceptable to me is:

- Preorders required payment in full. That is, we can logically assume that he has the money to pay ED for the units to fulfill his orders assuming it wasn't spent on other things

- We're now half-way through September, with most people having placed their preorders before August (mine was, I got queue #154)

- ED's preorder queue is done, Craig's -- as you say -- has only 50-60-ish units from his queue shipped to customers

- Very poor communication from Craig

I emphasize the last point because... who knows... maybe there is a completely reasonable explanation for all this, as hard to imagine as that may be. However, more communication from Craig could probably have made a lot more of us feel better about this whole thing and not be contemplating refunds, etc.

Anyway, guess we'll learn something new about it all tomorrow hopefully. :)

So much for the good news... feeling utterly dejected now over this. Like being told on xmas eve youre not getting that bike xmas, maybe next year.

And yet still, people who order a unit from Ed today, will get it by end of week... I mean... not sure what to feel now. Maybe one day...

Ok I ordered the Pandora Oct. 2008 (first original preorder batch) They announced a paid expedite but I wasn't willing to pay for an expedite and it turns out many expedites were not really that much faster. I have been mostly :unsure: patiently waiting since. I was still in the preorder hell when they announced the 1gz units. I decided that was something I was willing to pay additional money for and that I would finally guarantee getting my Pandora expedited delivery. I thought it would also help clear up the old orders for other people. Well now I am stuck in another non-moving preorder queue this really sucks and I am fed up. Come on that's 4 freakin years man.

Ok I ordered the Pandora Oct. 2008 (first original preorder batch) They announced a paid expedite but I wasn't willing to pay for an expedite and it turns out many expedites were not really that much faster. I have been mostly :unsure: patiently waiting since. I was still in the preorder hell when they announced the 1gz units. I decided that was something I was willing to pay additional money for and that I would finally guarantee getting my Pandora expedited delivery. I thought it would also help clear up the old orders for other people. Well now I am stuck in another non-moving preorder queue this really sucks and I am fed up. Come on that's 4 freakin years man.

I feel exactly the same way. The reason we paid more was for the upgrade and to finally get our hands on the product and now we find out we have just been transferred into another queue.

Last edited by a moderator:

I feel exactly the same way. The reason we paid more was for the upgrade and to finally get our hands on the product and now we find out we have just been transferred into another queue.

A nice little Ponzi scheme - at least the comparison is very valid this time: your money went directly to those who pre-ordered before and asked for refund instead of giving you any right to get a 1 Ghz unit in due time. If that's not the best way to lose customers for good, I don't know what is...

A nice little Ponzi scheme - at least the comparison is very valid this time: your money went directly to those who pre-ordered before and asked for refund instead of giving you any right to get a 1 Ghz unit in due time. If that's not the best way to lose customers for good, I don't know what is...

Hhmm well its not ideal thats for sure. Lets face it, I'd rather they did this then the whole project going under. Thats why many of us are stuck between rock and a hard place. It's a unique product but I dont want it so badly that it would stop people after me getting theirs.

I think the long term aim is that once enough are sold, the profits will cover all the loses and then not a single pre-order exists. The alternative is that they give up and then you most certainly wouldn't get a pandora at that point.

It sucks, its bullshit even, and CC have much to answer for. I just don't see an alternative unless someone donates a stupid amount of money.

It sucks, its bullshit even, and CC have much to answer for. I just don't see an alternative unless someone donates a stupid amount of money.

Well at least when new offers come out, they should tell the truth instead of lying that "you will get your 1Ghz unit before everyone else".

Coming back one month later saying the money has disappeared because of refunds is just plainly saying that what was announced before is not valid anymore and "live with it !". This SHOULD never have happened. Again.

Hhmm well its not ideal thats for sure. Lets face it, I'd rather they did this then the whole project going under. Thats why many of us are stuck between rock and a hard place. It's a unique product but I dont want it so badly that it would stop people after me getting theirs.

I think the long term aim is that once enough are sold, the profits will cover all the loses and then not a single pre-order exists. The alternative is that they give up and then you most certainly wouldn't get a pandora at that point.

Sorry but the people upgrading or purchasing a 1 GHz have been completely misled by Craig and the ones who haven't received their unit have been ripped off. This is worse than the initial pre order fiasco.

We were told the money for our units were going into building them and funding the production as well as a little profit for Open Pandora. Turns out that was bullshit and Craig spent it elsewhere.

The initial pre orders money went into production and the problems with CC caused all the issues massive delays and loss of money. They couldn't help the problems which occurred and they tried their best so it is completely understandable, they didn't know this would happen to the project. This time around Craig has just been deceptive this time and has not been ethical at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry but the people upgrading or purchasing a 1 GHz have been completely misled by Craig and the ones who haven't received their unit have been ripped off. This is worse than the initial pre order fiasco.

We were told the money for our units were going into building them and funding the production as well as a little profit for Open Pandora. Turns out that was bullshit and Craig spent it elsewhere.

The initial pre orders money went into production and the problems with CC caused all the issues massive delays and loss of money. They couldn't help the problems which occurred and they tried their best so it is completely understandable, they didn't know this would happen to the project. This time around Craig has just been deceptive this time and has not been ethical at all.
Would it have been ethical for him to deny those refunds? I think this is the sort of situation where something goes wrong no matter what you decide.

Would it have been ethical for him to deny those refunds? I think this is the sort of situation where something goes wrong no matter what you decide.

Well there are things he could have done make no mistake. He could have asked them to wait a while and god knows why he was going in the forum and making out like people canceling was doing him a huge favor. Shock horror people canceled.

However there's no excuse for him lying to the community saying that the funds were necessary to start the project up. None of the funds went where we were told it was and EvilDragon just fronted the money for the production anyway.

Back