166?

worldwriter

Grumpy
Website
Visit site
here's a weird one for you gurus...

as you all know I bought a FLU from a well known dev on the boards for very cheap... he swears the unit was able to sustain 166 in osnesgp and the good version of the clockspeed test supports his claim... the unit tests for at least a half an hour at 166 with the test music playing as well... so.. yes I do have a machine that should support 166 in ems...

I play with a plugin so i know it's not a battery issue...

The unit won't even play a game with the 0.2 version of osnesgp at 166 and it will only play for about 15 minutes at 166 with the 0.3 version... so I really have to wonder if I don't just have a bad version of the emulator... I really believe this guy that it can handle snes at 166... after all he has no reason to lie as he knows I am otherwise satisfied with the unit... and 160 runs like butter... I just would really like to know if there is something small I'm missing to get my 166 to work... cause all signs other than the em itself say my machine can handle 166mhz snes em... please... any ideas?

PS... this unit was voltage modded by a professional to obtain 166

Different apps put different loads on the hardware. Just because you can run one app at 166 doesn't mean that other apps will always work at that speed.

and not all sellers tell the truth. Also, you can't really go by the clock tester. The clock tester doesn't put near as much strain on the GP as an emu.

I have this problem with FGEN. I can play for 10 mins at 156mhz before it crashes but any other 156mhz program i can play until the batteries die without a problem.

pAiN posted on Dec 9 2004 at 11:06 AM said:
I have this problem with FGEN. I can play for 10 mins at 156mhz before it crashes but any other 156mhz program i can play until the batteries die without a problem.
Ey pAiN,
Do you have tried DrMD?
I suppose yes that :) but,

this Mega Drive emu is very good (high compatibility and Z80 support=Music) and perhaps you don't have the crash after 10 mins at 156MHz problem wich you say.

Un Saludo.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
anyhow.... the seller is the guy who made gpsquares and Electronica... he's trustworthy.... the gp is exactly like he told me it would be other than the missing 6 mhz in snes em... and since the two different versions of osnes9xgp seem to behave differently at 166... I figured it makes sense that maybe there is another version or something that runs fine at 166... and yes I contacted the seller and they are still adament it will do 166 snes and are trying to figure this out with me.... just figured you guys might have an idea.... like I said, not a big deal its only 6 mhz and snes em is almost perfect at 160... would just like to know if I can get what was intended

well, thats what Steve Jobs thought about Bill Gates, you would think Bill Gates would be trustworthy but he wasn't. You can't really trust anybody, just have to take a chance that what you're getting is what your expecting to get.

And yes I tried DRMD, and i can go for hours at 156mhz. But, i don't like the autoframeskip so i'll sacrifice sound for smoother gameplay with FGEN.

well since you guys would rather debate the merits of the sellers ethics than the possibility of a faulty version of the emulator..I'll just try to figure this out myself...

i'm just saying, there are tons of people that overclock to 166mhz with no problem and if you look in the help section you will see that your post is the only one with this same problem that has been created in either a long time or is the first ever to be created so obviously nobody but you is having this problem so its probably not a faulty version of the emu, especially since there were only a couple of versions ever released.

You're hell bent on it being the emu, regardless of who sold it to you, be open to the possibility that it is the GP32 itself. My GP32 will over clock to 166 using the clock tester but won't run any emus for more than a few seconds.

Did you even try any other apps that can go to 166mhz or just the super nes emu?

ok, then maybe download the emu from different gp32 sites. like maybe gp32emu.com. I know they have some emus that they've fiddled with to change clockspeeds and stuff so maybe their version is different enough to make it work.

Maybe the seller never played it at 166mhz for more than a few minutes ?

My Blu was from GBAX.com and it was a 166mhz guaranteed. And it would only do 166mhz on Snes for 20 minutes or so.

So i moddded it myself to do 200mhz.

pAiN posted on Dec 9 2004 at 03:17 PM said:
And yes I tried DRMD, and i can go for hours at 156mhz. But, i don't like the autoframeskip so i'll sacrifice sound for smoother gameplay with FGEN.
Ok, I hope that DrMD acquires smoother gameplay in the future without losing music support. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back