1602 Ad

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
I remember playing this game back in the day on an old 486 PC with barely anything in it. (litterally, the system was circa 1994 or 6). The game runs on just about anything made since vacuum tubes, according to most people. However, there is no (as far as i know) source available for it. Should i bother contacting Sunflowers and asking them if they would be interested in releasing the source to port it to the 2x? or is there no point?

I wasn't lying when i said that i did it, i can give you the specs of the system itself if you really want:

250mb harddrive
64mb of ram
No video card that i know of, or onboard,
maybe 2-300mhz cpu.

I can't remember all that well, because the system itself died several years ago when i tried to put a dial-up modem in it and didn't de-staticsize myself properly. :( But yes, the game did run on a 486. I don't know how, or even WHY it ran on such a beast, but by god it did, and it was fun.

i think there was no 2-300mhz 486cpu :)

i guess you had a pentium or pentium 2 which would make more sense. and its still not possible to port i think.

250mb harddrive
64mb of ram
No video card that i know of, or onboard,
maybe 2-300mhz cpu.

W00t, hell of a 486 :)
Ours had only ~25-50Mhz(Turbomode!!!), 16MB RAM, 1x 200MB HDD, 1x 500MB HDD + software, printer, scanner(!!!) for ~16.000DM (shared over some years..) :) Good old days back then :D

@Vollgasasi:
w00t, did you know that there was a 120Mhz 486? (i487SX2)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL
My Dad bought the first computer we ever possessed for a flipping 5000 DM and there was a really huge harddrive in it. It was a 286 IBM compatible and he got us a 40MB HDD instead of the 20MB on that would have been in it. The guy at the shop told him: "You really want to get that bigger HDD? You know, you will never need as much space as this" and he was like "I am planning for the future. Who knows what the next years will bring"
hahahahahahahaha...

Anyway... 1602 AD without float pentium capabilities? I also don´t think it´s worth trying. Also who knows how sunflower entertainment deals with source codes?

Apparently there are some open source clones though. Some look kinda promising but I don´t think they got very far yet... playability might be enough for a proof of concept though. Also I think there is one that looks quite good done in SDL and Linux compatible. So if anyone wants to try, that one looks like the right candidate for a port.

If there are so many clones already (I think something like 3) then Sunflower probably sits like a dragon on a treasure on their source codes to the project.

Probobly. Meh, it was mainly an "other wish" :p

But now you've all gone and convinced me to try and bring that old beast back to life, just so that i can post it's actual hardware specs on here. Shame on you :eek:
(and everyone who's mocking my CPU rates, it died 6 years ago, and i've gone through 8 older computers since then, so i have an excuse to have mistook its CPU speed by a factor of 10:p)

Back