10 days till I have wifi :) !!!

24078363.jpg

If you have dial-up, forget about being excited. Otherwise, if you have something like Verizon Fios or another ultra-high speed company doing the internet, BE EXCITED! Hopefully it isn't ATT. One of their technicians told me my internet is slowing down because the router is getting old (obviously he's right).

^Did you actually remember dial-up? It took me almost an entire day to download the 12meg Warcraft II demo when it first came out. of course I has a 2400 baud modem.. but a 14.4K modem wasn't that much faster than 2400 buad especially in rural areas that barely could connect much more that 4800 buad because of distance from the phone company and such..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry__Internet_cancelled__by_PresidentFox.png

Couldn't resist :D + i'm interested in what Wi-Fi router you're getting, so if you could post the company name/model no. when it turns up that would be cool thanks.

Good news : got wifi :) .

Bad news : downloaded Firefox 18.02.1 onto sd card from home pc to use in pandora so as to go to repo direct from Pandora and download software and update to super zaxxon 1.52 . Does not appear on xfce as icon - I filed it under apps .

Any ideas what went wrong ?

Dosen´t matter much the speed you will get.

Depending on where you connect throughout the world, speed is rreeeealy slow :p

Feels like the whole thing nowadays is an intranet to locations, with lots of censoring ^_^ :D

Good news : got wifi :) .

Bad news : downloaded Firefox 18.02.1 onto sd card from home pc to use in pandora so as to go to repo direct from Pandora and download software and update to super zaxxon 1.52 . Does not appear on xfce as icon - I filed it under apps .

Any ideas what went wrong ?
Bump ...

Probably just a corrupt PND. Maybe try downloading it on your Pandora using PNDstore.

awesome super duper broadband power is now fully operational eh?

nice ;)

I just wish I could use the pandora for Internet browsing on the go ... Stupid iphone with no keyboard !!!!

Oh your iphone cannot act as a wifi router? What on earth are those things good for...

No heavy enough :(

Maybe get one of those re-enforced metal cases with an axillary battery - should provide enough mass to take out a manager or two from across the office :lol:

^Did you actually remember dial-up? It took me almost an entire day to download the 12meg Warcraft II demo when it first came out. of course I has a 2400 baud modem.. but a 14.4K modem wasn't that much faster than 2400 buad especially in rural areas that barely could connect much more that 4800 buad because of distance from the phone company and such..
I used those and below, I guess 800 baud too, maybe even less, memory fails on purpose when I think of it.

I downloaded DOOM demo from a BBS...took quite a while. But was worth it.

No heavy enough :(

Maybe get one of those re-enforced metal cases with an axillary battery - should provide enough mass to take out a manager or two from across the office :lol:
Thank god I dont work in an office . I think I would rather work in a coal mine .

Back