10 days till I have wifi :) !!!

HUZZAH!

moustache.gif

2bit, if you don`t mind me asking, what type of internet service do you currently use?

...Patnik.

Patnik since you ask , dial up ( however the ipad works using cel like cervice and that suffices for baisic browsing ) So rather I'm waiting for high speed as wifi usage would be rather slow with a desktop , various apple "i" devices ( not dirictly mine but I must use them for speed of Internet as of now ) my Pandora , a desktop , and a raspberry pi and a wii u all connected . Therefore there is no practicality in using a regular wifi converter box ( not sure what they're called ) as of now .

Ok, I seem to be a little confused. Do you mean that you will be upgrading your internet service from Dial-up to a faster one such as Broadband internet ( DSL,Cable,FIOS ) or something such as Satellite internet? Or is the ISP rolling out some form of WiFi service to select towns/cities, of which you happen to live in one? Can you give us the name of the ISP and service you are upgrading to?

You might be referring to a WiFI Router, which basically connects to your ISP Broadband modem and then shares the connection in your network to both your wired ( close desktop for example ) and wireless capable devices ( OpenPandora, Ipads, Nintendo DS/Lite/3DS, Sony PSP/Vita, Xbox360, PS3, Wii/Wii U, WiFi printer, various WiFi capable Android / IOS smartphones/tablets, etc.) Depending on your ISP, they may supply you with a Broadband Modem with internal Wifi router ( basically a combo unit ), otherwise you can buy your own WiFi router and set it up in your network and share bandwidth.

...Patnik.

Upgrading to broadband AND getting a wifi router . The company is cascade networks .

Also 9 days now :) !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember being stuck on dial up when everyone else I knew had already gone to 1Mb connections... The bane of living in a small country village (at that time...)

To be fair though, anything I needed to download, I queued up and left it going - throttling download speed when I actually wanted to browse...

I've gone all nostalgic again, I can hear the grinding bleeps of the connection dialup noise like it was yesterday...

But thank F**k for broadband.

^^ Pretty much my reason until now . AND the same feeling when everyone is talking about that kill on halo 4 over live ... AND I CAN'T ( yet ) get wifi :( .

Btw 8 days till wifi !!!!!! :)

Last fiber optict I had ran on pppoe and required a phone line, that is dial up me thinks? :p  

Fortunantly I got back to dsl for 1/3 of the price and upload speed of 20mbit...got to keep the monthly costs low.

More seriously, I take internet speed depends on the user´s need.

I sure can see the more proeficient people needing less, younger facebook/tube people needing more.

In my case, it is about work and moving huge files. :(

7 days till wifi :) !!!!!!! And yes that is dial up ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
6 ( or five since I'm writing at 4:27 am ) days till wifi !!!!! :)

5 days till wifi !!! When we get it I'll celebrate by making a post from my pandora :)

Back