Your Opinions

Meany105

Still Fresh
kyocera echo

this phone/tablet looks wicked cool. at first i thought it would be great for gaming, but then i read up on it a bit, and (in order to save 4$) kyocera went with the original snapdragon (86xx, it's found in the nexus one) that has the useless adreno 200 GPU. I don't know how they expect the processor that had trouble powering ONE screen will be able to run TWO screens each running a seperate app!

despite it's limitations, does anyone think it will be worth the purchase?what do you think of it?

Unless its pretty cheap I don't think it'll be worth the extra cost just to get another screen - better would be to just move to a slightly higher form-factor (7"), which may be cheaper.

But where I think this thing might have real utility is in the custom control panels and special GUI scenario - the bottom screen could have controls and the top screen display status and statistics information for various apps - or games, even. If there were content creation apps that utilize the dual screens, I think it would be pretty neat. I'm enjoying the hell out of using my iPhone4 for movie editing, and for example if a similar app is released that uses these screens effectively, that might be a killer app indeed ..

Back