Your Favourite Sandwich Filling..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
For me it's Tuna, Lancashire Cheese (the real stuff) Crunchy Peanut Butter, Sliced Beetroot & whatever brand/flavor of crisps I'm into at the time (crumbled to the nth degree) if the mood takes me I'll embellish with French Mustard, Hellman's, Worcestershire sauce.. & it absolutely must be on good quality crusty wholemeal bread!

Store cupboard basic:

Matured Cheddar Cheese

Tomato

Lettuce

Onion

Salad cream

On a wholemeal or granary roll / bap

Or if I'm in the mood for cooking:

Home-made doner meat

shredded lettuce or white cabbage

onion

grated carrot

equal squirts of spicy mint ketchup & garlic mayo

served in a pitta.

Fusi Special: full grain Sandwich Toast (toasted of course!), Salami, Cheese (Cheddar or Ghouda is good), cooked Egg, Pickles, Tomato, Sandwich Creme AND BBQ Sauce. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
More often than not, its fresh turkey with stuffing and coleslaw in a fresh crispy sourdough or ciabatta roll.

A glass of red lemonade is a nice accompanyment.

Dry Cured Smoked Bacon & fried egg on brown bread with either brown sauce or finely sliced scotch bonnet chilli (wear gloves people) depending on my mood.

Home-made doner meat

onion

grated carrot

served in a pitta.

How do you make home-made donner meat, i must know?

Dry Cured Smoked Bacon & fried egg on brown bread with either brown sauce or finely sliced scotch bonnet chilli (wear gloves people) depending on my mood.

Home-made doner meat

onion

grated carrot

served in a pitta.

Start with meat and lot's of cumin, it'll all take care of itself from there on.

Sliced black olives, pine nuts, fresh garlic, Sriracha sauce, a little mustard, salad and maybe a tiny bit fresh cucumber and dried tomato.

The bread should have sesame on the outside and shouldn't be too bright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coronation Chicken with sliced mixed peppers, red onion, shredded carrot and lettuce on thick brown granary/seeded bread.

Home-made doner meat

onion

grated carrot

served in a pitta.

500g of minced lamb

1 teaspoon of plain flour

1 teaspoon of dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon of dried italian herbs

1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder

1/2teaspoon of onion powder

1/4teaspoon of cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon of salt

1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Lay out a large strip of cling film on your counter top

In a large bowl mix together all of the herbs & spices

Add the lamb and knead well to mix in the herbs

Compact the mixture to remove any air bubbles and mould into a large sausage/loaf shape

Place on top of the cling film and after washing hands roll into a large sausage shape (twist ends to seal)

Place on a plate in fridge for minimum of 24 hours

Preheat oven to 180c

Remove meat from cling-film and place on a tray, cover with doubled over foil (pressed down to cover) in the middle of oven

Cook for 50 minutes

Remove foil (careful as there will be a lot of juices) continue cooking for 20 minutes, turn to brown on all sides.

Remove and let sit under foil for 5-10 minutes

Carve into slices and serve as required. (we have slices in a pitta bread with salad & sauces)

Scotch egg and pickle sandwich on pumpernickel bread!!! :p

Honorable mention...Fried green tomato,lettuce with horseradish on rye toast. :p

Last edited:
You have bread in your sandwich?

My sandwiches are very boring. I either have ham or cheese with pickle, or meat with salad and mayo. I think ham and pickle might be my favourite, though ham salad is better for me, especially the way I stack the salad on.

carnation-condensed-milk-397g.jpg

this stuff is good on sandwiches!

Grilled haloumi, avacado and mayo.

Peanut butter and banana....

...which I'm going to have to go make myself right now :)

Back