Your Favorite Gba Games?

There are a ton of good games out there, but these are the ones I enjoyed the most;

Racing Gears Advance
Mario vs DK
Sega Arcade Gallery (just for OutRun)
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Advance Wars
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Wario Ware

Jet Set Radio
Sonic Advance
Golden Sun (1+2)
Pokemon Ruby (what, their really fun games!)
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3

but yeah, there tons of really good games, check out gamespot for a list of the best GBA games (or see what types of games your into)

Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 6 (hard for them to screw this one up)
Mario Advance 1 through 4
All the Castlevania games
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission

I think it's better to ask for the best games that already work playable at reasonable overclocking (240) with Gpsp2x.

purple_goat posted on Mar 15 2007 at 07:29 PM said:
super mario world (1-4 I think..)

If SNES Ports would count, my list wouldn't end :p (Donkey Kong Country, Lost Vikings, Prehistorik Man, etc.)

Klonoa 1/2
Advance Wars 1/2
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kuru Kuru Kururin
Zelda - Minish Cap
Micro Machines

Last edited by a moderator:
In no particular order....

Rhythm Tengoku - Like warioware but rhythm based and better. Japanese only but don't be put off it's easy to understand (though the first time you play the game is a little confusing as it asesses how good your rythym is.)
Warioware
Pinball challenge deluxe
Astro boy
Minish cap
Puyo Puyo fever
Yoshi's Island
Castlevania series
Metroid Fusion and zero
Waiwai racing
Mario Kart
Pinball of the dead
kuru kuru kururin

I should stop now though there are many more great games.

I think the best commercial games have already been mentioned, but there are also some very good homebrew PD ROMs for the GBA, such as:

Bust-A-Move (included in Gpsp2x and near identical to the SNES version)
Hergs Solitaire
Cyclone
Lords Of Midnight
Elite - A New Kind
Elite AGB

The last 4 are all remakes of old games that I think surpass the originals (Elite AGB is a kind of extended version of Elite). If you liked the originals, you will love Quirkys remakes.

I'll add up to great GBA homebrew games:

Uranus Zero EV
Dangerous XMas
Bomb Jack v1.3b (Remake)
Spout GBA v1
Arkanoid Advance (Final) (Remake)
Wall Breaker
Frosty Painter
Rotris
LLamaboost
Delflektor GBA (Remake)
Mario Balls
Wingrunner
Trailblazer Advance v0.9
Atomix (Remake)
and plenty of others... :)

I don't know if these two work, since I haven't gotten home to try yet. My favorites are Rebelstar: Tactical Command and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Lunar Legends! So far, at least, I'm all for it :) And, of course, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Advance wars and Fire Emblem. Anyone notice why I never complain about the stick? :)

Wario land is good!

Rhythm Tengoku - Like warioware but rhythm based and better. Japanese only but don't be put off it's easy to understand (though the first time you play the game is a little confusing as it asesses how good your rythym is.)

i loved this game but its too faffing hard i just kept getting stuck on that stupid army game... then when i completed that got stuck on the stupid baseball one..ARGHGHGHGHHHH

and i have great rhythm btw.... :)

I loved golden sun and FF4 - was these that got me thinking about portable gaming, how cool it would be to play chrono trigger on the move and therefore discovering the gp2x.

sensible GP32 posted on Mar 15 2007 at 10:38 PM said:
Wario land is good!

i loved this game but its too faffing hard i just kept getting stuck on that stupid army game... then when i completed that got stuck on the stupid baseball one..ARGHGHGHGHHHH

and i have great rhythm btw.... :)
I've just about completed it - just trying to get perfect on everything now :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding to the homebrew list (I havent tested it on gpSP2X)...
BulletGBA

BulletGBA is one of my favorite bullethell simulator shmups.

Back