Your favorite game intros

Half Life - the tram ride into work. Back when the game came out that, in itself, was awe inspiring.
Depending on the person who watched it (and desperately searched the "skip-key") it was rather yawn inspiring

weapon of choice: Solstice on the NES. The intro itself - or the game - weren't that great, but the music...

Last edited:
Depending on the person who watched it (and desperately searched the "skip-key") it twas rather yawn inspiring
Yeah it was impressive the first time through and maybe later for nostalgia, but often I just want to skip through it.

I wanted to get out of the train and explore everything on foot (which I think was possible by exploiting a glitch).

Another special game intro is X-Men 2 on the Megadrive... which uses an "in-media-res" introduction. You start directly in the game (there might be a mandatory "Sega" splashscreen before, I don't remember), and it's only after finishing the first level that you reach the title screen.

I wanted to get out of the train and explore everything on foot (which I think was possible by exploiting a glitch).

I have always wished that there were a way to do that - do you happen to remember how that worked?

Back