Your Best Bargain Finds In Post Xmas Sales

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
hi, seeing as many places are offering huge reductions at the minute i thought why not start a post where people could share their stories of great bargains, i got from pc world 'heavenly sword ps3 for £4.97, then ratchet & clank, everybodys golf and uncharted for 9.99 each, also katamari for 360 for 4.97 i saw a genji for £2.97 to but id heard bad things so left it, all of which were some good bargains (i also had farcry 2 for 19.99 but that was pre xmas)

Zavvi's problems have resulted in a decent sale. Going in there's quite depressing, but kinda worth it. :( :D

I just got some good deals from gamestation aswell.

what were they selling off cheap in zavvi? i went in the day they announced they were going into administration and there was nothin cheap, i did see guitar hero 3 with guitar on wii/360/ps3 for £35, they had piles and piles of them

A load of cds, dvds and games have 'closedown' lables on them, and new (handwritten) prices which seem to have been plucked out of thin air (no '40% off' bullshit from these guys :p )

Dammit, I need to see these sale. Anywhere selling Left 4 Dead cheap?

pandora said:
A load of cds, dvds and games have 'closedown' lables on them, and new (handwritten) prices which seem to have been plucked out of thin air (no '40% off' bullshit from these guys :p )
People still go to.... 'shops'?

Last edited by a moderator:
Orkie said:
pandora said:
People still go to.... 'shops'?

This is my problem. I don't, or at least I haven't since I sold my car :(

Yeah not sure what to get though. Bioshock is $5 dollars on Steam but I already have this on 360. I don't know about Left 4 Dead, it's not really that apealing to me as it is to alot of people. Might go for the $5 Portal since I never got around to playing that :p

suggestions?

Shifty said:
Yeah not sure what to get though. Bioshock is $5 dollars on Steam but I already have this on 360. I don't know about Left 4 Dead, it's not really that apealing to me as it is to alot of people. Might go for the $5 Portal since I never got around to playing that :p

suggestions?
portal ftw

Yeah I was gonna get portal, but a) I'm not sure whether it would run on my laptop (HL2 runs semi-decently) and
B) I was considering getting the orange box for the 360 anyway.

Hmm

EDIT: Steam tells me spore is reduced, but I can't find it anywhere in the store?

(naw)mcx posted on Dec 27 2008 at 07:48 PM said:
Steam has the best sale ever.

Bought 15 games.

L4D 20 QUID.

BUY. BUY, FUCKING BUY.

na theyve had better stuff before, (it wasn't as extensive, though, but close) just look at the deals topic,
but yeah its definitely really good. didnt end up buying anything, though
still regret buying l4d. i had orange box on my current account but after getting l4d, I'm past the point of no return and the valve pack isnt worth it

also orangebox/l4d on consoles = lol

PoisonedV said:
(naw)mcx posted on Dec 27 2008 at 07:48 PM said:
Steam has the best sale ever.

Bought 15 games.

L4D 20 QUID.

BUY. BUY, FUCKING BUY.
na theyve had better stuff before, (it wasn't as extensive, though, but close) just look at the deals topic,
but yeah its definitely really good. didnt end up buying anything, though
still regret buying l4d. i had orange box on my current account but after getting l4d, I'm past the point of no return and the valve pack isnt worth it

also orangebox/l4d on consoles = lol

Haha, I know plenty of guys who have them on Xbox. Heh. Silly people.

I wish the PC could go on to Live servers, that would be fucking hilarious. All of these console gamers taking three days to turn round while a PC gamer zips by. IT WOULD SHOW THEM.

(on a related note, I bought Outrun 2006, it and never worked. I was really looking forward to that)

Back