Yooka-Laylee - A Rare-vival!

Wally

I am a banana!
Last edited by a moderator:
I like this "the company that owns our IP has let it fester so here's a completely original game from the same people but with new characters so we aren't violating copyright but you all know exactly what we're really doing here" thing that a few developers have done.

Might No 9 was the first, I think. There were a few others that I wasn't particularly interested in, now this.

This looks like a complete fucking rip off of banjo kazooie, everything from the art style, to the character creation, to the way they move, their attacks, the level design, hell, even the font used on the intro is exactly the same. no original idea in this game. therefor, i want it now

One of the fastest fully funded games ever to appear on Kickstarter, currently at £1,200,000 & still with 44 days to go.. they better make damn sure it's good when there's this much faith (hope) out there.

Backed yesterday, I loved Banjo Kazooie (but not Tooie, strangely enough), so it's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. :D
WOW, I loved the first and hated the second as well. That game was ass of the highest order, and shows what NOT TO DO in a sequel. 

This new game looks interesting, but as it stands, I really don't ever support PC Kickstarters, and while I'm sure there will be console versions, they really give no details in regards to physical versions of those. 

Ever since RARE left "N", I really haven't seen any great games(they we're going down before they left, why they got sold)so until I see some reviews of this down the road, I'm not going to get to excited. They had some excellent games in the past, but I would say there have been more misses than hits over the years. So unless they have "ALL" of the original team in place, I doubt this will be any good.

Chris

Back