Y'Know What WOULD Be Really Nice??

Kumaki

What would be really nice is if you had more room for more icons in the desktop.

Is there any way to make an app...that would be an icon on your screen...that would then lead to other programs on the Pandy?

For example, I could have one icon that would open up "Arcade" and have all my MAME, FBA, and GnGeo emu's show up...

Another For Nintendo, and so on...

Just a thought if it could be done.

I hate having to put some of my emu's in menu-only, I'd love to be able to access them ALL from the Desktop.

Or just change the icon size

start/settings/desktop/desktop ..

I changed mine to icon size 27 :)

Have you tried "Settings -> Desktop -> Desktop -> Icons -> Icon size = 30" ?

At least more Icons will fit

EDIT: ninja'd :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, son of a gun, I did not know you could DO that!!

It works. Now, if you could only RENAME the icons...so that I could call in , say, GB-GBC instead of Gambatte...so it better tells me what it is...

I mean, if you hold on an icon with your stylus a list comes up and an option is to rename...but every time I try this I get Permission Denied.

Not sure WHY?

I'd just like to be able to name the icons the name of the system being emulated...rather than the name of the emulator...because, for example, gpfce does not mean to me what NES would.

I mean, I have so many emulators, it would be EASIER for me if I could rename them on my desktop.

You can rename the applications .. theres not a tool to do it currently in xfce native, but if you switch to minimenu (even temporarily, just for this one session) you can use minimenus built in crummy editor to rename some applications.. and those changes will also apply in xfce since it works at the pnd-level.

ie: If you're an xfce user, then switch to minimenu, do some changes, then switch back to xfce, and you're done :)

You can re-categorize applications, or rename them.

You can also edit the files by hand to create them (or let mmenu create them, then edit them by hand.)

Some old docs I or someone wrote:

http://pandorawiki.org/Libpnd_hub#.22In-path.22_override_files:_.ovr

But search for 'ovr file' in google, pandorawiki, or the forum here :)

jeff

You can rename the applications .. theres not a tool to do it currently in xfce native, but if you switch to minimenu (even temporarily, just for this one session) you can use minimenus built in crummy editor to rename some applications.. and those changes will also apply in xfce since it works at the pnd-level.

ie: If you're an xfce user, then switch to minimenu, do some changes, then switch back to xfce, and you're done :)

You can re-categorize applications, or rename them.

You can also edit the files by hand to create them (or let mmenu create them, then edit them by hand.)

Some old docs I or someone wrote:

http://pandorawiki.o...ide_files:_.ovr

But search for 'ovr file' in google, pandorawiki, or the forum here :)

jeff

OK. Can you also move icons around the desktop easier in minimenu?

Never used it.

All I know is moving desktop icons in xfce is a cast-iron pain in the ass.

Minimenu sorts icons; they're not manually placed. Its a simple fast app launcher with almost no memory footprint.. not a full desktop environment. It has a fair number of options, but not too many, and does place applications into folders by category if you like, etc.

Here is an old bogus screenshot, but its a little sharper nowadays (and also skinnable, theres some nice skins up on the dl.openhandhelds site)

http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/minimenu/screenshots/minimenu_0007_dave.png

just use your finger and drag and drop the icons , works great with newest firmware

just use your finger and drag and drop the icons , works great with newest firmware
What is newest firmware, where do you get it and how do you install it?

I've never mucked with the firmware, I am so scared of screwing up my pandy.

It would ALSO be nice if you could re-name the damned icons...I'm totally not getting how you do this in minimenu like someone said you could...

I really wish I could get a simple hand-holding step by step of how I rename a friggin' icon...

here is the firmware easy instructions for you :) http://www.openpando...emid=40&lang=en

It is still confusing...

1. Extract the contents of this zip to root (main) directory (folder) of your FAT32-formatted SD card.

What directory is this?

On MY SD card, I have "Pandora"

Under that I have "Apps" "Appdata" "Menu" "Desktop"

Like you are supposed to.

So WHAT folder am I putting this firmware package into?

and what is the latest firmware?

Obviously, I don't have it since I can't drag and drop with my finger, like you ought to be able to do.

I know I have Super Zaxxon but no idea what version I have or what version is the one I WANT to have...

I'm sorry for being so stupid, but I need help.

1. the directory before your "Pandora" folder ( the root is the card without any directories) - download the first file in the link I sent you, if you don't have the codec pack you might want that too

1. the directory before your "Pandora" folder ( the root is the card without any directories) - download the first file in the link I sent you, if you don't have the codec pack you might want that too
so it should show up on the card in the same place the Pandora file folder is.

Don't need the codecs...I got them with the original unit. Just want to update the firmware so I can move desktop icons easier.

What version of Super Zaxxon is this that I would be updating TO??

You can tell what version of Super Zaxxon you have when your pandora is booting it should say in the bottom left corner .

Back