Xiaomi BlackShark Gaming Smartphone

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Xiaomi announced the BlackShark gaming smartphone today. It's specs are top tier including:

Snapdragon 845
6GB or 8GB RAM
64 GB or 128 GB
4000mAh battery
6" OLED screen - 2160 x 1080
Gamepad attachment
First-ever device with a Wi-Fi 2×2 MIMO multiple antenna design, capable of supporting 5G network-like speeds
Antutu: 279,464
Pricing starts at 2999yuan ~ $477

https://beebom.com/xiaomi-black-shark-gaming-phone-official/
http://www.fonearena.com/blog/249564/xiaomi-black-shark-price-specifications-features.html

And it has Liquid cooling :

"Another highlight of the Black Shark phone is that it comes with a multi-stage direct-touch integrated liquid cooling system for dissipating heat. It comprises of four different components, namely heat module, liquid cooling, heat sink, and multi-layer graphite."

Xiaomi-Black-Shark-2.jpg

Xiaomi-Black-Shark-3-1024x583.jpg

Last edited:
|-)

sorry... maybe exciting for other people. I just see another generic garbage android device with some "gaming" stuffed inside. What games am I supposed to play on this? Why does a smartphone need liquid cooling? Why does it need 2x2Mimo? For what? What could possibly require low latency and high bandwidth wifi as a smartphone app, even if it is an MMO?

"Multi-layer graphite" sounds like the most snake oil bullshit sales description yet to me - pretty much all the graphite in this house is multi-layer. Perhaps it's just a bad translation though, since I don't expect this to be vapourware. Rare to see in the west, perhaps, but it'll probably be available at some point.

I like the industrial design. There's not a lot you can do with the front, although with this phone having the bezel instead of the notch (tm) that's kind of last year's design. I don't mind that so much myself though, and I like what they've done with the back. It'll increase surface area slightly, but not enough to help much with cooling I suspect, so I suspect it'll throttle pretty quickly, but I like how grippy it looks, and it looks better than a plain glass or metal back imo.

I'd need game buttons that attach before I invest in one of these though myself. And maybe also a d-pad option. Having ones that attach so that you don't have to have a third hand to hold the phone sounds super-slick to me, but there's no indication yet that they're listening to us, so for now I guess I'm out in spite of everything.

Yeah dissappointing. That said, there is nothing stopping you using any of the 3rd party add on game controllers
True, but you could really do that with any phone. This was just plain underwhelming. Not that I was really expecting all that much really, so it was...whelming?

Any phone yes, a Snapdragon 845, OLED screen etc etc phone for $500, no

Any phone yes, a Snapdragon 845, OLED screen etc etc phone for $500, no
True, still for $500 I doubt you'll be getting something with decent build quality. I bought my sister a Mi6 hand after just a few months she was already having issues with it.

Don't see how this is different from anything else on the market already. The attachment looks janky and with regards to specs... if it's cutting edge (is it?) every manufacturer will catch up eventually. Depends on what you need this for I guess. If you have some use case in which you need heaps power NOW than this is probably a good one.

You bought your sister the hand of a Mi6 operative, I'd have issues with that also :p

I believe he meant second hand. I wonder if that Mi6 operative was left or right handed :oops:

... or he could've meant "and".

There is another "gaming" Smartphone being launched on the 19th, the Nubia Red Magic, sub brand of ZTE. It will be a similar thing by the looks of it

Back