Xgp News From Gp32spain

DaveC posted on May 13 2006 at 01:41 AM said:
The XGP series... Hmmm they are new, they are shiny, but I am not a magpie, I will stick with my GP2X ;)

(The XGP kids can't play GP32 stuff because the screen res is too low.)

The universe isn't built on a 320x240 sized screen. There are small screens that have high resolution. If the XGP Kids can't play GP32 stuff, what will it play? I'm pretty sure Gamepark wouldn't design a handheld that can't even play the games it's supposed to. But in your world, they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
JaqMs posted on May 13 2006 at 03:13 PM said:
DaveC posted on May 13 2006 at 01:41 AM said:
The XGP series... Hmmm they are new, they are shiny, but I am not a magpie, I will stick with my GP2X ;)

(The XGP kids can't play GP32 stuff because the screen res is too low.)

The universe isn't built on a 320x240 sized screen. There are small screens that have high resolution. If the XGP Kids can't play GP32 stuff, what will it play? I'm pretty sure Gamepark wouldn't design a handheld that can't even play the games it's supposed to. But in your world, they did.

The universe may not be built on a 320 x 240 screen, but the GP32 was. So if they are to be compatible the kids would have to have at LEAST 320 x 240. From the specs mentioned it doesn't though, it is much lower.

It seems they are making too many different models with too many different specs. The screen resolutions are all different, some have d-pads while others analog sticks. It seems like they are just throwing a bunch of stuff at a wall and finding out what sticks.

Fishbong posted on May 13 2006 at 05:33 PM said:
Acura posted on May 13 2006 at 04:59 AM said:
Vimacs posted on May 12 2006 at 10:04 PM said:
would make sense if all "higher" models could play all gams of the models below them.

as in
gpx kids plays gp32 and its own games,
gpx mini plays gp32 gpx kid's and its own games,
gpx plays gp32, gpx kids', gpx mini's and its own games.

no...

XGP kids plays gp32 and its own games.
XGP mini plays Original download game (please visit GXG.com) and app (not support Gp32 and XGP kids!)
XGP plays Original XGP game (not support XGP mini, XGP kids, and GP32)
Erm, throughout the XGP section, people are turning up with unverified infos. First awakenjsy, then spark1021 and now this Acura fellow... Where are you guys coming from? And where do you get your infos?

Also i visited the GXG.com site, but due to my inability to understand korean i wondered what this site is about.

Are any games there available already? If so, for which system? Or are those games all previevs of XGP / XGP mini games?
What Acura has said is correct. However What I have said is also correct. Why?
XGP kids probably play GP32 games and its own games.
XGP mini and XGP will not be an emul-possible device itself. Therefore you cannot play GP32 games with those two unless gamepark or their 3rd parties “UPGRADE” existing GP32 games based on XGP platforms.

HOWEVER, gamepark is releasing free SDK so that XGP users (including amateur and professional developers) can make launchers or emulation-software by themselves.
After someone created such software, you may be able to play existing GP32 games and more with XGP and XGP mini.
Contents for XGP can not be named at this time besides QUAKE III. GAMEPARK is trying to increase more participating 3rd parties.
XGP mini game contents are provided through internet download, (contents provided by one of Korean telecommunication companies. It seems that many of them will be existing GP32 games, but I am not sure about this!)

And about the kids’ TFT_LCD, the screen is 2.2inch 220X176. But this can also be changed before gamepark goes on the phase of mass-production. GAMEPARK is planning to use the LCD mentioned above but the reaction from the possible users are negative toward 220X176 resolution LCD or GAMEPARK realizes that they rather put better resolution LCD on, GAMEPARK may change it with better resolution LCD.

Launch date and the price.
At this time, GAMEPARK doesn’t have an exact launching date in overseas market. They are planning to take pre-orders first by 3rd quarter of this year (for XGP 4th quarter.)
The prices $300, $150, $70~80 are approximately calculated.
GAMEPARK produced not a single XGP Series to sell at this time so it would be weird to mention the exact selling price at this point. Wouldn’t it?

ALL I HAVE SAID MAY OR MAY NOT BE 100% CORRECT. AND MY ENGLISH IS NOT THAT GOOD. SO I MAY HAVE MADE SOME MISTAKES TRANSLATING THE INFORMATION I HAVE INTO ENGLISH.

Back