XFCE4 Goodies

OmegaPhil

Are there any plans to include the XFCE4 goodies package at some point (asking this from my Debian perspective)? There is one basic applet that isnt included with the standard install that I would like to use - the CPU applet.

Edit: genmon is also a good applet in the goodies package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I am aware of conky, but for space considerations I'm interested in something that integrates directly with current panels.

I'm also interested in having the XFCE4 Goodies package available in Angstrom. I wouldn't put it in the default OS, but it is nice to be able to add extra panel plugins.

It's all there: http://www.angstrom-...ution.org/repo/

(search for xfce on armv7)

So when .next is there (and we are aligned with upstream Angstrom) you should be able to install them with opkg.

No dummy-package though, so you'd have to install them manually (have a look at the dependency list of debian).

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - when I first got my Pandora I opkg update && upgraded, resulting in a semi-bricked Pandora ;) So as long as individual package installation is OK, presumably it wont start depending on masses of other packages..

I'm not sure the CPU applet would work though. Isn't that written for x86 stuff?

As a user I'd assume process CPU usage (kernel and userland) was a generic thing... since top works and presumably isnt heavily customised for arm? But, as I am not a programmer in this area I will shut up now.

OK - when I first got my Pandora I opkg update && upgraded, resulting in a semi-bricked Pandora
Well you shouldn't have done that then.

Wait for .next before using opkg to install stuff.

You can already use opkg to install stuff, just don't try a full upgrade because that will certainly break things...

OK, I have noted. So, presumably the thing remaining to avoid are packages that appear to pull in a load of dependencies to update.

As a user I'd assume process CPU usage (kernel and userland) was a generic thing... since top works and presumably isnt heavily customised for arm? But, as I am not a programmer in this area I will shut up now.

Ah, it's only CPU Usage? Yes, that should work.

I thought it was some CPU-Profiler (switch between performance, etc.)-modes.

aTc on the channel has actually shown both to be working on his build, but yeah I was referring to the cpugraph.

Back