XFCE Web Browser Setup

GeBeCluck23

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but how do you setup a default web browser for xfce? I pushed the "Pandora" button, and went up to "web browser," and when I went to it, I directed it to my PND, (I use Arora) but it didn't accept it...

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but how do you setup a default web browser for xfce? I pushed the "Pandora" button, and went up to "web browser," and when I went to it, I directed it to my PND, (I use Arora) but it didn't accept it...
It does not work this way, you need to create a little script, and even that is not so straightforward. Honestly I have never seen a working answer for this. 

It can be done.

1) You need to know the command to launch the pnd browser of your choice (look in the corresponding .desktop file).

2) You need to be root now. Edit the "Web browser" .desktop file in /usr/share/applications/ so it executes the command retrieved in the previous step.

Then you are set. It will only work as a launcher.

It can be done.

1) You need to know the command to launch the pnd browser of your choice (look in the corresponding .desktop file).

2) You need to be root now. Edit the "Web browser" .desktop file in /usr/share/applications/ so it executes the command retrieved in the previous step.

Then you are set. It will only work as a launcher.
As a launcher with or without args?

Without its utterly useless.

you can do it if you know the correct command line I remember setting firefox as my default browser when I had my original CC pandora.

Umm...okay. How do I look inside the .desktop files? I went where you said, (usr/share/applications) and I found both the "arora" file, as well as "Web Browser." Now what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back