X-com: Ufo Defense

I've been hoping for this app since day one with my gp2x. I tried everything to get UFO on the little device (psx emulation, etc.) and finally gave up. Way to go!

mtaylor said:
I've been hoping for this app since day one with my gp2x. I tried everything to get UFO on the little device (psx emulation, etc.) and finally gave up. Way to go!
Haha, yeah, I even started hoping with my GP32 and tried the PSX and Amiga versions in the meantime with rather poor results.
So thanks for the recompilation, M-HT, must have been a load of hard work!

PS. Je super videt, ze to co nedokazali jini, zvladl slovan :) Zdravim do Bratislavy!

PS2. M-HT for guru!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fah-reakin' awesome :D

M-HT, seeing as Senor Quack nudged, are you interested in doing an interview?... what can I say, I'm quite intrigued with your work :)

also, +1 for the guru

WhiteFalcon said:
PS. Je super videt, ze to co nedokazali jini, zvladl slovan :) Zdravim do Bratislavy!
Co na to povedat, snazim sa ako viem. :)

Hooka said:
M-HT, seeing as Senor Quack nudged, are you interested in doing an interview?... what can I say, I'm quite intrigued with your work :)
Well, I'm flattered. On the other hand, I've never been good at such things, so I'm not sure about that.

Does this is a rewritten engine or doing some kind of recompilation?

If first, what about making it GPL? If the later, any plans of releasing it to the public including the source code?

OMG! I haven't played on this in absolutely ages! Will have to do a little digging in my attic to find the originals. Getting the sequal working too will be a dream come true! :)

Thank you very much M-HT. It is very well deserved!

timofonic said:
Does this is a rewritten engine or doing some kind of recompilation?
It is static recompilation of the original executables (as indicated in the first post).

timofonic said:
If first, what about making it GPL? If the later, any plans of releasing it to the public including the source code?
I'm not planning to make public source code release at the moment, but if someone is interested in the source, send me a PM - I haven't refused a request so far.

Played it and LOVED IT!!!!!!

Just wondering if touchscreen support will be added for the F200 users?

The scrolling speed/sensitivity seemed pretty quick when trying to navigate around within the battle screen mode, after a bit of getting used to, it helps if you have a quick reaction to stop it before it goes fast. :unsure:

I couldn't get off the game until the batteries died on me! :)

Tag5 said:
Just wondering if touchscreen support will be added for the F200 users?
Hopefully yes.

Tag5 said:
The scrolling speed/sensitivity seemed pretty quick when trying to navigate around within the battle screen mode, after a bit of getting used to, it helps if you have a quick reaction to stop it before it goes fast. :unsure:

Scrolling speed (and others) can be adjusted in the tactical mode by clicking on the "?" button.
If it's still fast, you can underclock the gp2x before running X-COM - it should be slower and the batteries will last longer. :)

M-HT said:
Tag5 said:

Scrolling speed (and others) can be adjusted in the tactical mode by clicking on the "?" button.
If it's still fast, you can underclock the gp2x before running X-COM - it should be slower and the batteries will last longer. :)Thanks for that! Works like a treat!

Can't wait to play on this after work! :lol:

Absolutely wow! Can't wait for the version with sound! I can't wait to grab my GP2X (if it still works, the d-pad/controls went boinkers some time ago :( maybe I will be able to play it though) and check it out! Seriously, this and Blood were the games that I wanted to see on GP2X most. Pity about the fact that source for Blood is unavailable :(

Anyway, keep up the great work, with sound and touchscreen support it would absolutely rock! Can someone post a photo of UFO on GP2X :) ?

Back