X and Y (Sensitivity)

Rard

Still Fresh
Long time silent forum lurker here, so first off; hello(lo) all!

I´ve just received my Pandora and it is indeed pretty great (I´m on it now in fact), so thanks very much to Craig and Co for holding out through some difficult times and producing this thing!

I´ve just been trying out some of the fancier 3D games that my venerable GP2X couldn´t handle (like quake3) and it occurred to me that as a long PC time mouse user in first person games, I´m actually something of a malco when it comes to controlling camera with the nubs!

I tend to just find myself staring at the floor or the ceiling half the time, but if I reduce global mouse speed, it`s like I´m swimming through treacle - don´t know if anyone else finds this?

I was thinking that if someone (who knows what they are doing, i.e. not me I´m afraid!) were to tweak the nub configuration programme, so that X and Y sensitivity could be adjusted separately, that would really help and could be applied to any game.

What do you think? (& sorry if I´ve stuck this in the wrong place!)

´Rard

Welcome and good to hear your enjoying your Pandora.

I think your idea is a good one. Personally I´ve avoided the quake titles and similar 3d showcases until such time as control issues they currently suffer from are sorted by those with big brains outhere :)

I was more a console FPS person anyway, so I´m used to the more sluggish controls to suit those systems and I´ve always disagreed that keyboard and mouse were designed for such games. They were designed for operating the GUI of an OS and typing afterall and games are modified to take this into account on consoles. Cross competition does show the PC style as better though.

However the nub configuration menu would benefit from what you are suggesting, as it would, for an option to disable the nubs entirely, rather than choose joystick mode, if your left nub goes south. As it will still interfere with N64 emulation, such that Perfect Dark runs well, if I wasn´t spinning in a circle! :)

Thanks MP - appreciate the welcome!

Hopefully someone will pick this one up in due course

Back