Wwf Wrestlefest - Mame4All

GAMESHARQ

Still Fresh
So here's my story. I got the WWF WrestleFest and WWF Superstars ROMs and tried to use them on MAME4ALL on my Wiz, but it doesn't recognize the ROMs.

A helpful person on another forum recommended that I come here to find out if it's possible to request that these ROMs be developed for MAME4ALL. From what I understand, the first version of MAME to support these games was MAME 0.37b16 which isn't very different from MAME4ALL.

Would anyone here be willing and able to fulfill this request for me? I'd be ever so grateful. One of the main reasons why I bought a Wiz was so that I could play these games and I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to.

If anyone can help, please reply here or send me a message.

Thank you!

Hey, I'm that same guy from the other forum. I think there is some sort of port of FBA on the Wiz (FBA2x?) that supports those games. Sorry I mislead you, I'm pretty new to this stuff too. I'm not really familiar with all the Wiz's emulators.

You might need to use the fbacache.exe and command line to convert the ROM for it to work. Read the documentation that comes with the emulator. That should tell you how to do it. Or I can try to help if you need it. I use FBA320 on my Dingoos.

I found FBA2X v 7.2 and I read the documentation, but it doesn't seem to explain what steps to take.

In the example shown here (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/43061-fba2x-finalburn-alpha-beta-7-2/) it says:

- The fbacache.exe program is needed. You need to copy the ROM and those that it depends on to the ROMs directory and execute "fbacache.exe -d [romname].zip"

- For example with Metal Slug 5, copy mslug5.zip and neogeo.zip to the ROMs directory and execute "fbacache.exe -d mslug5.zip"

- If all goes well, this will generate the file mslug5.fba; this is the one you must copy to the ROMs directory of FBA2x; ONLY THIS FILE, mslug5.zip and neogeo.zip are not need (unless another game needs neogeo.zip)

Which ROM(s) do I copy and which ROMs directory do I copy them to? Also, how do I execute "fbacache.exe -d [romname].zip"

Last edited by a moderator:
I typed up a little step-by-step for you back at the theoldcomputer.com forums.

Well after some testing and re-testing, it would appear that FBA2X doesn't work on the Wiz.

So if anyone is able to port the arcade game WWF WrestleFest to MAME4ALL, it would be much appreciated.

WWF SuperStars does not work for FBA2x I've tried everything if anyone know how to get it work please tell me. I'd really be happy. I've tried everything and nothing works.

Back