Wonderswan?

CrazyDesi

Is WonderSwan capable of being emulated on the Gp32? I mean its only got like 3mhz and very small amounts of RAM. I believe it could be easily emulated, but I'm not positive. Anyone ever attempted this?

Wonderboi32 can be downloaded here:

http://www.gp32x.de/download/emu/wsc/wb32v052.zip

Try pasting that into your browser - or you can just navigate your way there from the main page at gp32x.de, the link to it is over on the bottom right of the page somewhere.

I hope that helps - cos I know absolutely nothing about these consoles! :ph34r:

Any good games that are worth trying out?

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok let me explain a few things to you guys.

Wonderswan first had black and white

then they had colour (colour games could be played on B&W handheld) now they have wonder swan crystal

crystal and colour r the same crystal is just a better looking screen.

all the games work on all the different consoles.

The reason wonderboi is slow is the port isnt to good as orignal source is a bit muddle from what i recall cause it runs fullspeed on a decent pc but on the gp32 it needs to be cleaned so to speak to run fullspeed.

we would need someone to port another WS emu but i dont think there is 1???

well anyway now you guys know :)
I'm not a Final Fantasy fan but they did a great job on FF1 on WS ;)

:ph34r:

CrazyDesi posted on May 17 2004 at 01:03 AM said:
So it doesn't run very well?
it runs horribly :] I was getting ultra choppy framerates on something as simple as the opening text for the companies that made the games...(Guilty Gear Petit 2 (Sammy) and Pocket Fighter, etc). Definitely wish someone would clean it all up :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you do forget the wonderboi emu for gp32 was a beta and didnt get finished working on.

the code is just to slow from what i remember i think they tryed to get better speed but didnt have much luck.

I'm not sure tho don't remember back then :D

I do wonder if there is any other wonderboi releases of source since the gp32 port

might be alot cleaner than the source code the gp32 version has.

might be another job for ryleh or squidge :)

:ph34r:

Back