Wolf4sdl

NEIL L

I've just downloaded wolf4sdl from the archive.
What files do I need from Wolfenstein 3D and Spear Of Destiny and where do I put them.
Cheers, Neil

What files do I need from Wolfenstein 3D and Spear Of Destiny and where do I put them.
Cheers, Neil
You´ll need to put alls files that end with .wdl6 for Wolfenstein and all files with .sod (??? I think) for Spear... into your Wolf4sdl-Folder...
That´s what I know...But, unfortunately, up to now, I don´t know anyone who got this babies to play on the Wiz

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, Neil
You´ll need to put alls files that end with .wdl6 for Wolfenstein and all files with .sod (??? I think"] for Spear... into your Wolf4sdl-Folder...
That´s what I know...But, unfortunately, up to now, I don´t know anyone who got this babies to play on the Wiz[/quote]I've just tried this the Wolfenstein 3D files, with no luck. (It just stays on the loading screen)
I also tried this with SOD (parts 1,2 & 3), but the files overwrite each other in the Wolf4sdl folder as some files (in each part) have the same filenames.
Does each part have to go in a seperate folder?
Thanks for your help anyway.

It does work, im not really sure what the problem could be. Most problems have been missing shared libs, but I dont think there were any for wolf4sdl. I will double check.

It does work, im not really sure what the problem could be. Most problems have been missing shared libs, but I dont think there were any for wolf4sdl. I will double check.
I have copied all the files from the ViceLib into the Wolfenstein-Folder: the Loading-Screen disappears, the screen goes black, a strange sound occurs (like you have when activating a Sound-output) and then ... it freezes...
I do alos think that something is missing. But what...?

I have copied all the files from the ViceLib into the Wolfenstein-Folder: the Loading-Screen disappears, the screen goes black, a strange sound occurs (like you have when activating a Sound-output"] and then ... it freezes...
I do alos think that something is missing. But what...?[/quote]remove any config.sod config.wl6, they should be lower case files. Ive also noticed older versions of these files can crash the app when it reads them.

I have copied all the files from the ViceLib into the Wolfenstein-Folder: the Loading-Screen disappears, the screen goes black, a strange sound occurs (like you have when activating a Sound-output"] and then ... it freezes...
remove any config.sod config.wl6, they should be lower case files. Ive also noticed older versions of these files can crash the app when it reads them.[/quote]Sorry, it wasn´t only the vice-libs...
I copied the ViceLibs into the folder - nothing happened. I also copied the following files into the folder and got to that black screen with the "sound"...
libmikmod.so.2.0.4
libmikmod.so
libmikmod.so.2
libsmpeg-0.4.so.0
libsmpeg-0.4.so.0.1.4
libsmpeg.so
fxi
ufxi

Now, I reinstalled without the given config files from the original Wolfenstein - nothing.
Renaming all Wolfenstein-Files to lower-case-letters doesn´t work out either...

What do you have in your Wolf-Folder?

remove any config.sod config.wl6, they should be lower case files. Ive also noticed older versions of these files can crash the app when it reads them.[/quote]Hi, I think I've done what you said, I'm just trying Wolfenstein 3D to begin with.
My folder contains the following files:

audiohed.wl6
audiot.wl6
Changes (txt)
gamemaps.wl6
maphead.wl6
README (txt)
README-GP2X (txt)
vgadict.wl6
vgagraph.wl6
vgahead.wl6
vswap.wl6
Wolf4SDL (png)
Wolf4SDL_SOD.gpe
Wolf4SDL_SOD (png)
Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe

Everytime I try to run Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe it just stays on the loading screen, am I missing something?

I have:
root@wiz:/mnt/sd/games/Wolf4SDL# ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1072 Jan 4 1993 audiohed.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1156 Mar 3 2006 audiohed.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 328620 Jan 4 1993 audiot.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 320209 Mar 3 2006 audiot.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 738 May 24 21:33 config.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 738 May 24 21:30 config.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 68290 Jan 4 1993 gamemaps.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 150652 Mar 3 2006 gamemaps.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 74163 May 24 21:28 libgcc_s.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 328723 Jan 19 17:40 libmikmod.so.2

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 402 Jan 4 1993 maphead.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 402 Mar 3 2006 maphead.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1024 Jan 4 1993 vgadict.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1024 Mar 3 2006 vgadict.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 947979 Jan 4 1993 vgagraph.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 275782 Jan 1 1980 vgagraph.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 510 Jan 4 1993 vgahead.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 450 Mar 3 2006 vgahead.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1616544 Jan 4 1993 vswap.sod
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1545400 Mar 3 2006 vswap.wl6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2097 Feb 9 2008 Wolf4SDL.png
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 244171 Jan 23 13:36 Wolf4SDL_SOD.gpe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1742 Feb 9 2008 Wolf4SDL_SOD.png
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 254315 Jan 23 09:55 Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe

Those libs must be the issue. I need to update the archive.
Unitl then I think I put them on pickle.gp2x.de check:
pickle.gp2x.de/libgcc.zip
pickle.gp2x.de/libs.zip
pickle.gp2x.de/vice_libs.zip

Hi, I've downloaded the 3 ZIPs but none of them have the libmikmod.so.2 file in, (and are the config files the Wiz ones or the original Wolfenstein 3D & SOD ones?)
Also the SOD files, all 3 parts have the same filenames, do you have to put each part into a seperate folder? or just put the files in for the part you're playing. (What ones have you got in your folder above?)
Cheers, Neil

:( I managed to track down libmikmod.so.2, I put it in my folder with everything else you said, but it still hangs on the loading screen.

Cheers, Neil

:( I managed to track down libmikmod.so.2, I put it in my folder with everything else you said, but it still hangs on the loading screen.
Same for me.
I´m losin´ hope...http://www.gp32x.de/board/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

@pickles:
You said something about lowercase-letters. What about the file-extensions? Do the wl6 and sod also have to be in that form?

hmm, I didnt actually run it last night. I will do some more tests on my side, dont worry we will track down whats missing.
I dont have the SOD mission packs, I only have the SOD itself. I would suppose if the names the same would need to create a separate folder for each.

Cheers, Neil

I wrote a little wrapper to get the output from the program. Here is what I got.

./Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe: error while loading shared libraries: libmikmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In case anyone wants to try this (and it does not "freeze" the wiz on the Loading screen) and then return to the menu, here it is.

Just put the text in a file in the wolf4sdl directory (I called mine run.gpe), then look in the wolf4sdl.txt file that is created and you have your error message.

#!/bin/sh

./Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe > wolf4sdl.txt 2>&1

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

i need to get this working can anyone point me in the wright direction of the full game via personal pm me thanks.

ok i got wold3d working but no sound at all how do i get sound in options ingame sound is on any ideas

Back