Wiz Vs Caanoo

spetzie

Still Fresh
hi my question is this

i only recently purchased a wiz and think that its absolutely amazing. it plays everything well except perhap ps1 games. Now i want to know if the caanoo with double the ram would make much of a difference and if so how.

i would also like to know if it has the potential to play ps1 games better than the wiz (compatibiliy and speed wise). i know right now it may not because the caanoo is still in its infancy stages in regards to updates etc but eventually would it be better than the wiz or roughly the same.

As stated before the wiz is fantastic and seems to run every game very well at full speed so i don't really want the caanoo because of lack of wiz performance, however i would purchase a caanoo if i knew that pcx4all would run better on it. this is the only area letting the wiz down. Actually its mainly the compatibility of the wiz's pcx4all because the few games ive gotten to run on it play very smoothly and very close to full speed.

so i would like to know if the caanoo with double the ram has the capabilty to out do the wiz when it comes to pcx4all performance

The Caanoo/Wiz computing power is the same (both use the same SoC, System on Chip)... the Caanoo 128 Mbytes* are usefull just with some emulators, like GnGEO, in this case the most games runs directly without an additional file cache (with PCX4All there aren't appreciable differences).

* about 84 Mbytes free for usage (approximately four time more than the Wiz RAM).

pcx4all on the caanoo probably has the same compatibility issues as the wiz. the current version of pcsx4all still doesn't utilizing everything the wiz and caanoo offers and the developers did mention this on their to do list for future updates.

thankyou for your replys. that has made my decision easy. i will stick with the wiz. at least for now anyway

The WIZ screen is OLED, which makes it incredibly good for playing outdoors and gives a great color fidelity, but in the end looks like a JPG I don't know why :lol: Black color is BLACK, since the LED is actually turned off, and has no viewing angle.

I love the WIZ screen, though it is a little small and my eyes are not as they were 5 years ago, before W&W :(

The wiz screen is great until it ROTS on you or gets burn in. I have both and prefer the caanoo. Both are great systems in my opinion but I like the size and feel of the caanoo a little better

Back