Wiz Replacement Battery

Valvestat

Still Fresh
Website
www.soundray.co.uk
Hi,

Doies anyone know where I could get a new replacement battery for the Wiz? I noticed play asia selling them but they seem to have dicontinued it.

On reading another thread, someone noted that the Wiz's battery is affected by time, also mentioning that the battery would be dead in three years. So if I buy a replacement battery now, and don't use it - it'll be slowly loosing it's effectiveness until being completely useless in 3 years.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,

I've read the thread, too, and I was a bit puzzled. I haven't heard about that before.
That, I can't confirm. However, buying a battery a not using it for years is not a good idea, either.
Every battery gradually leaks a bit of it's load, regardless how slowly. If you don't use it, it will be empty.
I have read about the lipo that it doesn't have issues with memory effect but definitely can't stand stand being totally discharged.
If anybody knows better, please share.

rds

kasi

Andymanone from german forums successfully replaced the GPH stock battery with a 3rd party one. I don't have the link ready but i think its just a matter of market investigation of similiar battery types. Don't get me wrong. I would *greatly* prefer a explicitely supported battery instead of. However as ED discontinued the battery from shop i assume its not an easy case.

StarG said:
Andymanone from german forums successfully replaced the GPH stock battery with a 3rd party one. I don't have the link ready but i think its just a matter of market investigation of similiar battery types. Don't get me wrong. I would *greatly* prefer a explicitely supported battery instead of. However as ED discontinued the battery from shop i assume its not an easy case.
There is also at least one thread in this forum about that issue:
dead-wiz-battery
Mystique got a replacement battery but I wouldn't go for it unless the original one is seriously down.

Last edited by a moderator:
spare batteries can be broughrt from a shop near me they have 15 in stock, but price is very high

40 euros including delivery worldwide

Orion4874 said:
007jaws said:
spare batteries can be broughrt from a shop near me they have 15 in stock, but price is very high

Is there a webpage to the product?
Hi No webpage just a local shop near me that sells all sorts and even gp2x f100/f200 accesories aswell

007jaws said:
Orion4874 said:
007jaws said:

Is there a webpage to the product?
Hi No webpage just a local shop near me that sells all sorts and even gp2x f100/f200 accesories aswell

Heh, I'd buy them up and sell them on Ebay...if I were a jerk and had the money.

Valvestat said:
On reading another thread, someone noted that the Wiz's battery is affected by time, also mentioning that the battery would be dead in three years. So if I buy a replacement battery now, and don't use it - it'll be slowly loosing it's effectiveness until being completely useless in 3 years.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,

Yes, this is true. It was one the main objections I had to the wiz and why I stuck with the GP2X. Lithium batteries go bad over time, so if you bought a 3 year old new-old stock, you would be buying a dead battery. Ni-cads are MUCH better. I have ni-cads from 20 years ago that still hold their full charge (those ever ready yellow ones, they last forever). So has anyone found a sollution to this? I know it's an old thread, but I have been thinking about buying a used wiz, but only if new (not new old stock) batteries can be found, even if it needs a little jerry-rigging.

I wonder if you can just build a custom battery using standard AA or AAA cells? I'll have to look up the voltage of the wiz battery and it's dimensions.

Chris

I have a thread around here somewhere.
You can use any 3.7mah battery with 3 leads and maybe even just 2. I have tried this with a 3DS battery and even a dingoo battery, you just have to make sure the battery fits and solder it in correctly..

I actually just ordered a Samsung battery thats 2100 mah, when I get it I'll let you guys know how it worked out..

I've got some in stock as well.

https://www.dragonbox.de/ersatzteile/97-wiz-ersatzakku.html

Back