Wiz Launch Held Back To March?!

Last I heard from GPH (which was about 4-5 days ago), they were planning on sending them out on or around the 20th February. Maybe Play-Asia is taking that into account with its estimates?

Orkie said:
Last I heard from GPH (which was about 4-5 days ago), they were planning on sending them out on or around the 20th February. Maybe Play-Asia is taking that into account with its estimates?
Hum. I understand. I was wishing they were adding Wifi for multiplayer gaming. :D

As I already have the F100 and F200, I don't know if I'll buy this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just receive the same e-mail form play-asia and i don't smell wifi chip inside :( .
But even if wiz has not wifi, can we use wifi sd card ?

may be some one has already try on gp2x ?

(sorry for my english, i am french)

The Race is ON THAN!

(Danger Zone blares from speakers)

EvilDragon said:
Yep, they will ship March 6th to the distributors, got a mail a few days ago.
Any reason why it has been pushed back even further? It is final the date now?

Regards

André

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when I heard Feb 2009 I was thinking the end of Feb anyways. If March 6th is the launch day to distributors that's only a week later than what I was expecting, so no biggie. I'm glad they're not rushing it.

Wooooo, i have just received my WIZ development unit!!!!

It seems really nice, small, it already have separated buttons, firmware v0.17...

More news as soon as i have something running on it!.

Thanks GPH and EvilDragon for all!!!

:D :) ;) B)

+1

I guess that confirms no built-in wifi, I guess that gives me enough time to prepare something for it before my trip to GDC:09 (March 23-27 (22-28 for me) ;) )

fettouhi said:
EvilDragon said:
Yep, they will ship March 6th to the distributors, got a mail a few days ago.
Any reason why it has been pushed back even further? It is final the date now?

They didn't tell me much - except for that it is because of organisational reasons, no technical problems... or something like that ;)

Last edited:
Back