Wishlist For Firmware Updates

johnz1

Still Fresh
-In the Music Player, display the "Artist" ID3 tag
-In the Video Player, display the values for Contrast and Brightness when in Adjust Mode (press select when watching a video)
-When TV-Out is activated, disable the GP2X's built-in speakers.

More to come, feel free to add.

- In the Music Player, fix everything audio problems;
- In Setting/System, startup sound option (such as for skins);
- More txt file types for ebook reader.

- Fix saving issues in SquidgeSNES and xreader2b, among others

Might have to do with the programmes themselves, though, as others save just fine. Nonetheless, it worked fine in fw 2.0, so something must be broken or changed.

* Ability to disable start up sound using an option in the firmware itself (i know I can replace the normal one with the silent sound file, but I just don't want ;) ).
* Volume control: force aplications to not override the volume level when they start up (I hate that fact that I have to decrease the volume everytime I change/reset a game in NeoGeo).
* Native support for more ebooks format.
* Manga reader, it will require nothing, just an image viewer that takes zip folders (including multi zipped files inside each other) as a one issue and provides easire ways to zoom in/out.

* Volume control: force aplications to not override the volume level when they start up (I hate that fact that I have to decrease the volume everytime I change/reset a game in NeoGeo).

I'd add, a visual notification when adjusting volume on the main menu, like a bar or value, or both.

* Playlist support do the default player, or the adoption of GMU for default player, adding to either a state saving feature on exit.

Last edited by a moderator:
*flight mode (hold control strick in and Y for example) = disables all sound function (reactivate in menu)

*8gb confirmation.

*all mp3 bugs fixed

- add bookmark feature to Music Player (for long audio files)
- reinstate the faster seeking in the Music Player (like in fw 2.0.0)

- Improve the image viewer when using tvout (the images look pixelated and blocky).

- Improve the image viewer when using tvout (the images look pixelated and blocky).
This is because the GP2X displays at a low resolution. On big screens, it looks blocky. It's like running 800x600 on a 30" monitor. I'm not sure if it's possible to change this without breaking almost everything homebrew with TV-out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back