Wink

Yes, this does look like a very nice project. I like that you can set your own themes very easily. But I really hope everyone doesn't start using this. It's fine for certain applications, but if everyone starts using this for their frontends, etc, I'll be very unhappy. It's because the mouse-driven interface can never be as fast as some text-based style. There is a major loss of efficiency there. That's why I use Pacrom, and not Windups. Sure, wind-ups is pretty, but I just wanna play some games! :).

Anyways, I am in no way saying this is a bad project. I hope he keeps working on it and making it better and better. I just hope it doesn't become *too* popular :p

Well, there is no mention of it being a tool to launch apps.. I don't believe that's what it's intended for. It's just mentioned as being a library to easily build windows apps in and I think that is pretty cool. If it turns out to be fairly easy to use text/windows/etc.. (like Visual Basic in a way, where stuff like a textbox is handled for you), it would be very useful if you apps could use the features. (Say a text reader for example...)

And remember, it's skinnable, just make a thin skin!

Oh,

I didn't imagine not using a cursor-style input with it. It may be good for something like a text reader. I'm just hoping that navigating guis like this one will not be mouse cursor-styled. Like I said, this is in no way a bad project, I just can't stand using my joystick as a mouse cursor all the time. It just bugs me. If there's a way to have it look nice (as it does) but not use a mouse cursor, then by all means, full steam ahead. :D

Wow, just tried out the demo and this is one accurate Windows tool ;)

07070004.jpg

<Serious>I really like the toolkit and the idea, keep up the good work.</Serious>

Back