Windows Nt/2000 Source Released!?

Americans hate the French? Those guys kicked out the Britts for them (and gave them a nice statue too)

I don't hate either group. Not the French, not the Polish, and certainly not the Germans (I am 50% German). The reason I don't share the dislike for the French as many Conservative Americans do? Because, like you said, the United States might not be in existence today if not for the French (even though we did wage an unofficial naval war several years after the end of the revolution with them). But, this is really not the topic of this thread so carry on.

starwarsnerd posted on Feb 13 2004 at 10:06 PM said:
I don't hate either group. Not the French, not the Polish, and certainly not the Germans (I am 50% German). The reason I don't share the dislike for the French as many Conservative Americans do? Because, like you said, the United States might not be in existence today if not for the French (even though we did wage an unofficial naval war several years after the end of the revolution with them). But, this is really not the topic of this thread so carry on.
I'll start on topic then cunningly switch off topic then.

Errr... Bad week for Microsoft then!

Why do any Americans hate the French? I bet the same people love their precious statue of liberty. Probably don't even know where it came from... <_<

Anyway hating the French is for the English and I'm sick of Americans copying our ideas! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt some americans get anoyed with the french because "they wouldnt help america in its time of need" (ie iraq). seem to remeber some american bar members on the news puring all their french wine down the drain. :blink:

thebluenewt posted on Feb 13 2004 at 05:17 PM said:
starwarsnerd posted on Feb 13 2004 at 10:06 PM said:

Why do any Americans hate the French? I bet the same people love their precious statue of liberty. Probably don't even know where it came from... <_<

Anyway hating the French is for the English and I'm sick of Americans copying our ideas! :p
someone in my art class hate the french gov. not the french ppl because they didnt help the US in the war on irqa(sp)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanna know if we are dealing about politics here or the Win2k source code?
BTW Im French :p And I do not hate USA :)

Example: Reverse Polish Notation

3 2 + 5 *

comes to 25 (I think)
You are right...Im using a HP48 for more than 10years...so 2 3 + 5 * = (2+3)*5=25

see you :lol:

Why do any Americans hate the French? I bet the same people love their precious statue of liberty. Probably don't even know where it came from...

Anyway hating the French is for the English and I'm sick of Americans copying our ideas!

Nicely done. :p

OK, here I can do this better:

MS is like the French government for the PC industry (please, follow me here).

* Surely without MS, the PC industry wouldn't be where it is today.
* Without the French, America wouldn't be where it is today.

* The French government and people are not always well-respected. Some people hate, some people like them. It also depends on the case or event in which something has happened historically that causes people to like or dislike them.
* MS is not always wel-respected in the PC industry. Their products causes people to dislike them as a company. But some of their products also cause some people to like them. (Note: This may or may not support what is being stated.) Their products have errors, security holes and other such bugs. Yet, at the same time, their products have created a standard and help forward technology in the PC industry. (I'm sorry, I just thought I'd bring up this point.)

* The French have are often consider arrogant because people see them as trying to be 'upstanding know-it-alls' or something like that. The leaders of their country are what caused such perceptions.
* MS is perceived to be a smug arrogant company because of their status in the PC industry. Their company president is the one who conveys this image and so people apply that to the company as a whole.

Really, the French and their government have not always been dignified. There have been event in history that have more or less humiliated them to the public eye. It's not just the French, it's other countries as well. MS is in this situation right now that has them in a spot that they don't want to be in. They're caught with their pants down and one of their prized possessions has slipped out of their hands. They're not looking too keen to the PC industry public.

OK, so I didn't exactly save the subject. But it's better than what some of the other attempts. I didn't mean to turn my Polish thing into a stupid ethnic debate, I just thought it was funny. Man, I need to keep my mouth shut. Well, my fingers cut off or something....

Back