Windows 10 ARM on Pyra?

Ugh. Win 98 was the beginning of form over function in GUI design as I remember it (with perhaps Mac OS X being the worst offender at that these days). Win 2k was pretty enough without useless fluff cluttering up the screen. XP did increase the pretties over 2k but computers at the time could cope with that, so it didn't irk me quite so much as when 98 tried it.

It looked pretty much like Windows 98 honestly, but on the NT kernel.

No, you're misrembering. Depsite being released after 98 they were still different product branches back then, so 2000 looked a bit more technical. All it gave you in terms of specials were graduated title bars:
Windows_2000_Explorer.png

Windows 98 looked mainly green and blue as I recall, while 2000 was a more austere grey and blue. XP came after that and I don't honestly know where that got its inspiration from, because Win ME was the last of the 9xes released before it, and I don't know what that looked like (and refuse to look it up).

Windows Me was styled just like 2000. With the stock theme and no wallpaper, 98 had the grey windows with flat blue titles and green-ish background inherited from 95. I think what you hate in Win98 is Active Desktop and other stuff introduced in the Windows Desktop Update with IE 4 or 95C (OSR 2.5). They were pretty taxing on hardware at the time, thus some people replaced explorer.exe with the one from 95. Yet people often forget something about the latter : it was from a time before mouse scrolling, so Active Desktop and Windows 98 did enhance file navigation among the added clutter. Also the added widgets (which we'd see again in Vista), favorites in the start menu, quick launch and everything were making the OS much more customisable, and nowadays OS customisation is a selling point for most Linux enthusiasts :p

If you want to be sued to oblivion. After the N64 source code leak, emulator project teams outright said they will not use the code to support N64 emulators.
Well, then it is at least interesting to see that MS still cares for Win XP. And is there no "expire date" for source code to give it automaticly to the public after the product expired?
I've found some infos that the leaked code is actualy real and someone was able to compile a Windows XP out of it. However, the code is incomplete. Parts were missing, like drivers and the not so unimportant winlogon.exe.

Windows XP leak confirmed after user compiles the leaked code into a working OS

Well, then it is at least interesting to see that MS still cares for Win XP. And is there no "expire date" for source code to give it automaticly to the public after the product expired?
I've worked in a firm that investigated open sourcing everything. It's a suggesting that generally sends lawyers shrieking for their mothers, because any source code collated after years or work could theoretically contain anything. You don't know what cheeky engineers put in comments, and they've experience of them being accused of copying CP/M in DOS, and they know that even if it's not true, accusations can cause a whole tonne of headaches.

The only time I've been in a firm that did open source an OS was when the firm was on the slide and wouldn't really be worth suing by the end of it. Everything did get open sourced, but I think it all went to the great repo in the sky, because I've heard little of it since then.

The only time I've been in a firm that did open source an OS was when the firm was on the slide and wouldn't really be worth suing by the end of it. Everything did get open sourced, but I think it all went to the great repo in the sky, because I've heard little of it since then.
What OS is this?

I'm not willing to put such personally identifiable information out on the public internet, but it was a fairly big deal in the past few decades. Gave me employment anyway.

Back