Wind-ups

Protoss

Website
eatsleepgame.com
Anyone got some news on its progress? Site says they were ready with 2.0 beta June 20th...Oh and can someone direct me on where to dld the Age2k windows proggy? The link on the windups site doesnt work for me.

Yeah, I hope they will release 2.0 soon, can`t wait to try out it`s new features...

Does anybody has any info about the release and the new features?
I also tried to contact the authors of wind-ups via their contact-page on their site, but it didn`t work, so I don`t hope that it will never be released...

Stick with v1, the whole point of Windups for me is to customise the background and icons, but v2 opens with a unchangeable blue windups screen which kind of spoils it, I like to boot straight to my own desktop. Not sure what else 2 added, couldn't see much difference...

I would love to see a skinable Windups, where the GUI bits were GIFs in a folder which by changing yourself you could alter the look of the windows and their frames etc, plus change the colour of the text. I have done some Windups "Themes" on my page but I'd love to be able to truly skin the GP32 like the Amiga Workbench or something - the file windows etc always spoil the illusion...

Also like to be able to view JPGs etc, create, rename and delete folders as well as files and select multiple files. It would be very cool if it could natively do useful things like unpack FPKs etc or format & check the SMC, then it would definately be worth the upgrade, especially if it was released as a firmware!

Seriously though, v1 is very useful and does what it says on the tin.

®

Back