Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Demo Available!

...and bl**dy excellent it is too! Yes, I can see myself buying this when the proper one comes out...

And frustrating! I'm completely stuck on puzzle C-2 - The best I get is one piddly green block left! I guess I'm supposed to do one of them fancy quick-move-it-before-it-falls thingies somehow, but I cannot for my life figure out how...GAH! :blink:

The good kind of frustration :)

i hate teasers but thanks
looks really good

the teaser is playable and well worth the download!

this game is very well polished: snappy animation from loading up down to the blocks jiggling when they drop, cute characters, a good variety of music, tight controls!

one small complaint ... i remember there being a bit of janky sound when the music track loops or switches to the next song. can't describe it more specifically off the top of my head.

since this is a battle puzzler ... how to you play against people on the gp2x? usb pads?

anyway, i've been addicted to tetris attacks for years. W&W is the next level. will be buying the download version!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! :) Hope you're enjoying it!

And frustrating! I'm completely stuck on puzzle C-2 - The best I get is one piddly green block left! I guess I'm supposed to do one of them fancy quick-move-it-before-it-falls thingies somehow, but I cannot for my life figure out how...GAH! :blink:

The good kind of frustration :)

Hint: No, there's not much fancyness in C2 ;) but you'll find out soon enough how much time it took to our sister! :D

starpause: Thanks for you comments, and yea, naming it "teaser" wasn't such a great idea, since there's lots of stuff that is playable.

And I'll see for that when the track changes, maybe something when it unloads tracks, thank you :). For 2 player mode, there's two players on one GP, we'll add support for USB joysticks and a BOB, and if there were multiplayer we would add support. We have an arcade version of the game running here and we love to play 2 players (though it gets boring when I beat everyone hehe).

Been addicted and still am addicted to Tetris Attack, and we actually always thought of beating the ultimate action puzzle game. Watch the 5th demoplay (in the titlescreen, press the (X) button and later on watch the replay in "Time Chain" mode, the blue one), that's THE mode that I love playing, lots of chains there ;) not included in the demo 'cause it's too hard to play on that mode at first.

Hint: No, there's not much fancyness in C2 ;)

Heh. Guess I'm just stupid, then...

but you'll find out soon enough how much time it took to our sister! :D

...but it seems I'm not alone in that :)

Really? No need for any fancy fast moves? I really ought to be able to complete it just by ordinary moving?

Whee...This really show the limits of my forward-planning mind...Actually, it is kind of interesting to sit with something where you see all the pieces, you know that you can do only 2 or 3 moves, so there is a hard limit on your search tress depth, and still you can hardly find a way to make one diamond, let alone three or whatever...I think the word is "humbling" :unsure: :D

seems a very polished game, great pixel graphics though puzzle games like this arent my thing.

one gripe i did have was when the wall comes up from the bottom you cant move the tiles that just went off the screen and that annoyed me a little.

-Neil

Pleasantly surprised :)

I'm not big on puzzles, but this one definitely got me.

I'll be buying this whenever it comes out.

Whee...This really show the limits of my forward-planning mind...Actually, it is kind of interesting to sit with something where you see all the pieces, you know that you can do only 2 or 3 moves, so there is a hard limit on your search tress depth, and still you can hardly find a way to make one diamond, let alone three or whatever...I think the word is "humbling" :unsure: :D

Yeah it's fun to know that so few moves and so few blocks can cause such frustration ;) :D

seems a very polished game, great pixel graphics though puzzle games like this arent my thing.

one gripe i did have was when the wall comes up from the bottom you cant move the tiles that just went off the screen and that annoyed me a little.

-Neil

Thanks, well yes, in endless you have to fight the press and the upper blocks just RIP :( try the practice or time attack modes though :)

Hint: No, there's not much fancyness in C2 ;) but you'll find out soon enough how much time it took to our sister! :D

Ha! Now I know! :)

Not that I did it with any kind of plan, just trial and error really. I'm really crap at visualising what will happen when stuff falls.

Ah well. Now to unlock the other extras...:)

Ha! Now I know! :)

Not that I did it with any kind of plan, just trial and error really. I'm really crap at visualising what will happen when stuff falls.

Ah well. Now to unlock the other extras...:)
See? Told ya no fancy moves in this one :) Just some plain old moves :D

kanzlr: Thanks! Some people report having headaches after playing for a big while :D did you have one :p ?

kanzlr: Thanks! Some people report having headaches after playing for a big while :D did you have one :p ?
:lol: No headaches but the bright white Background in some Gamemodes is a little bit to "dominant" I think. Maybe some more darker Colors could take the focus more on the play-field. :)
And maybe, the cursor in the field could be more visible- somehow. Maybe the stones in the cursor could be more bright - or more dark - or something... :)
And the music-tracks could be longer. The Music changes to often ingame for my taste.

No headaches but the bright white Background in some Gamemodes is a little bit to "dominant" I think. Maybe some more darker Colors could take the focus more on the play-field. :)
And maybe, the cursor in the field could be more visible- somehow. Maybe the stones in the cursor could be more bright - or more dark - or something... :)
And the music-tracks could be longer. The Music changes to often ingame for my taste.

The play area for Practice mode is temporal so it shouldn't be a problem for the final release :) we'll also try other colors for the puzzle mode, thank you :)

The cursor is also kind of small when played in the GP2X, we'll try other sizes to see how they show up. Thanks for the suggestion :)

About the music, the teaser demo music is only temporary, and to cut the file size we decided to cut the music, as well as the quality, so you can expect lot better music for the final release ;) many of them will be studio-recorded. Sorry about that.

Oh btw, we have released version 1.1 with two small bugfixes just in case. It's in the blog.

Thanks!

Very impressed with what I've played so far. Love the graphical style & presentation, and even though I'm finding it really difficult, the puzzle mode is very addictive!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)

Yeah the puzzle mode is a little hard, but mostly because it's a demo so the stages are cut. The final version will of course include many more missions so that the difficulty increases more gradually, and it also to let you save your progress :) which is not too necessary now.

Back