Will the Pyra use uBoot ?

I would likely say yes, it will use uboot. All ARM based devices use uboot as far as I know. If its compatible with pandoras autoboot.txt depends on how the firmware will "look" like. But for what purpose should it be compatible? I don't think you can run the pandora OS on pyra neither (too pandora specified). Maybe if someone wants to mod/hack it or whatever there could be a chance to. We'll see :)

I think more intresting would it be to know if ED plans to support the "new" GPT parition tables on pyra? I know well there is no real need to as far the MBR is enough, but it would be a nice feature for a mobile device. Only thing I imagine now is to have a compatible eSATA harddrive from which we could boot (since we have eSATA ^^).

Theoretically the GPT support should already work out of the box on debian, but for booting we need the support in the firmaware (correct me if im wrong)...

The idea is to boot the same card on both. Of course this will require tons of tweaks, but this is just an idea ^^.

Back