Will the Pyra use uBoot ?

Discussion in 'Pyra OS (Debian GNU/Linux)' started by Linux-SWAT, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Hardcore Member

If yes, will the Pandora's autoboot.txt be compatible ?

Tags:
  2. Ligachamp

Ligachamp Member

I would likely say yes, it will use uboot. All ARM based devices use uboot as far as I know. If its compatible with pandoras autoboot.txt depends on how the firmware will "look" like. But for what purpose should it be compatible? I don't think you can run the pandora OS on pyra neither (too pandora specified). Maybe if someone wants to mod/hack it or whatever there could be a chance to. We'll see :)

I think more intresting would it be to know if ED plans to support the "new" GPT parition tables on pyra? I know well there is no real need to as far the MBR is enough, but it would be a nice feature for a mobile device. Only thing I imagine now is to have a compatible eSATA harddrive from which we could boot (since we have eSATA ^^).

Theoretically the GPT support should already work out of the box on debian, but for booting we need the support in the firmaware (correct me if im wrong)...

3. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Hardcore Member

The idea is to boot the same card on both. Of course this will require tons of tweaks, but this is just an idea ^^.

4. lunixbochs

lunixbochs Moderator Staff Member

Not quite. I've observed a few different ones in the router space (and iOS).

5. doragasu

doragasu Member

Same here, e.g. RedBoot