Will Take Pandora Now

jocejrod

i'm in the 3900-4000 range, but if i can get my pandora sooner, labeit a bit hampered, i'm so down

^ You will most likely be asked via email, if you want to be part of the initial Wifi-less batch. The devs will discuss the procedure and the upcoming blog post should contain the details, so just relax for now :)

mali said:
^ You will most likely be asked via email, if you want to be part of the initial Wifi-less batch. The devs will discuss the procedure and the upcoming blog post should contain the details, so just relax for now :)
but i'm sooo impatient D-: haha. okay mali, you win, i'll wait

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
True story.

F**k Wifi! I'm happy with a dongle for now!

:pandora2ut4: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will take my Pandora order (I purchased two) as soon as possible, thanks. Sooner, if possible.

Hi

I'm not to fussed about WIFI either, the dongle will do for me :)

I'm sure it will be sorted in the future :)

quadomatic said:
Please someone remove this thread...there are already 2 threads asking for updates
i am not asking for updates, just giving my stance on the issue

joce said:
i'm in the 3900-4000 range, but if i can get my pandora sooner, labeit a bit hampered, i'm so down

mali said:

wrath of khan said:
mali said:
True story.

False.

As is, he won't even get asked since the plan is to make the dongle offer to only the first 1000.

His, and mine, since they're outside the top 1000, will get delayed further as we wait 2 more months for the first 1000 community to try to develop a WiFi driver - then... Nobody has filled in the then yet.

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=118053#p118053
Wir werden wohl dann per eMail alle Kunden anfragen :)
Somit darf jeder selber entscheiden: Pandora jetzt und mit Stick oder lieber warten bis alles komplett läuft.
We'l supposedly ask all customers via email.
So customers can decide for themselves if they want a Pandora now with Wifi stick or later when it's working on-board.

Wie das genau abläuft, darüber diskutieren wir aber gerade noch.
Sobald das durch ist, kommt das in den Blog rein.
We are still discussing the procedure right now, though.
As soon as we found a decision, it'll be posted on the blog

Craig's post mentioning 1000 customers was posted afterwards, so it's up to you to guess how it will happen. Waiting for the blog post is a reasonable advice, imo :)

mali said:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=118053#p118053
Wir werden wohl dann per eMail alle Kunden anfragen :)
Somit darf jeder selber entscheiden: Pandora jetzt und mit Stick oder lieber warten bis alles komplett läuft.
We'l supposedly ask all customers via email.
So customers can decide for themselves if they want a Pandora now with Wifi stick or later when it's working on-board.

Wie das genau abläuft, darüber diskutieren wir aber gerade noch.
Sobald das durch ist, kommt das in den Blog rein.
We are still discussing the procedure right now, though.
As soon as we found a decision, it'll be posted on the blog

OK - so they're doing it the good way. That is GREAT news!

IMHO, though, they don't need to warranty the on-board wifi if they provide a dongle and the customer opts into this batch and has the option to opt over to batch 2.0 and batch 1.0 dongle people can buy the hardware for the upgrade/update if one exists later.

Ty for translating that Mali.

Edit: (darn you shiftenter! >.>)

Id gladly go for getting my Pandora with a Wifi Dongle

My main question is this: Is it still just a software issue, or are they considering a different WiFi chip. That is, if the people who take the dongle, will only ever have WiFi via the dongle or will they eventually have a working internal WiFi. The fact they are considering an N dongle, that is interesting (though, it may be the only HiSpeed one, if it is highspeed, still confirming that).

Please don't send me quotes about how it was said to be a driver fix. I understand that was what was said, it was also already said that they knew WiFi might not be working at launch but would in an update. Clearly something has changed and there seems to be a new sense of urgency, especially if they are willing to spend more money on a dongle.

Here is EvilDragons forum post as displayed on the Blog if someone wants to translate the whole thing.

http://www.pandorato...tick-beigelegt/

@VRAndy: Exactly why it is a *question* I am asking them, because I am curious. We were already told WiFi might not be working at launch and people already accepted that, so if things were the same, why the new sense of urgency? There wasn't going to be a delay with a broken WiFi driver, we already knew about that. Thanks for the replay but we can only speculate, I hope to hear from them for a better understanding.

BackAssward said:
Please don't send me quotes about how it was going to be a driver fix. I understand that was what was said, it was also already said that they knew WiFi might not be working at launch but would in an update. Clearly something has changed and there seems to be a new sense of urgency, especially if they are willing to spend more money on a dongle.
They may simply be rushing to ship. Pandora loses some small but non-trivial fraction of its coolness every time it's delayed. They can't keep delaying it.

Back