Will Emus On The Gp2x Support Save-state?

iignotus posted on Oct 14 2005 at 07:57 PM said:
Yeah, how about we wait and see! What a great idea that would be!!

It will probably be like the gp32.. It can only have savestate and no normal saving.

Which was really lame when i tried out old school pokeman.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a question, that depends on the emu which is ported and on the developer which ports the emu and what he wants to implement. Has nothing to do with the console

A better question would be if the emu's would have animated save states like some of the GP32 emu's ;)

yes those are great ;)
love fgb32 where you see the game running in a very small window

Hooka posted on Oct 15 2005 at 08:21 AM said:
A better question would be if the emu's would have animated save states like some of the GP32 emu's ;)
yeah and add "will savestates in gp32 emulators be compatible in gp2x"

Well, as ALL Rlyeh's emulators are based on his HPL, they are exactly the same on GP2x and GP32 (except of the speed).

EvilDragon posted on Oct 15 2005 at 05:14 PM said:
Well, as ALL Rlyeh's emulators are based on his HPL, they are exactly the same on GP2x and GP32 (except of the speed).
No, they aren't (yet). But this one IS: (from rlyeh's site, i think nobody noticed it..)
hpl-1st-shot.jpg

Same source code, just recompiling does it.. GP2X? port HPL to GP2X and you'r done.

This is the weirdest question ever.

What has platform got to do with software features? Its not like savestates are a performance issue :)

So, uh, yeah, of course emus will have states, like they do on every platform :)

jeff

ZeNiTRaM posted on Oct 15 2005 at 09:09 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Oct 15 2005 at 05:14 PM said:
No, they aren't (yet). But this one IS: (from rlyeh's site, i think nobody noticed it..)

Same source code, just recompiling does it.. GP2X? port HPL to GP2X and you'r done.

Errm, yeah, sorry about that... some Betas already are ;)

Last edited:
As the original poster, i'm curious as to why everyone keeps assuming my question pertained strictly to gp2x hardware. The title, "Will Emus On The Gp2x Support Save-state?", specifically asks if EMULATORS that are running on the GP2X will support Save-states. Obviously i'm new to the homebrew handheld world, and I wasn't sure what sort of capabilities emulators would have when ported to a handheld.

Well, it doesn't have anything to do with the handheld you run the emulator on - it depends on the emulator.

Some PC emulators support SaveStates, some saverams, a few one don't support anything with saving...

It depends if the coder implements it into his emulator or not.

And that also goes for the gp2x: If the coder implements it into the emulator, the emulator will save. But we don't know for sure (though we can be 99,99% sure, as MOST emulators nowadays support savestates).

Back