WiiU/3DS Region Free Petition

I thought this was cool, as you never know what may happen, but I doubt they will ever go region free.

Honestly speaking, it has only ever been the "Hardcore" who use this feature, and "N" just seems dead set on doing anything that benefits this crowd.

Yeah, I know they have been releasing more Japanese RPG's, and they are paying for Bayonetta 2 to be made, but they are so clueless in so many areas. Sadly, B2 is going to sell beyond poorly on the WiiU, and then they will give the excuse of how they made this game for the HC and how no one bought it. You can't have a family friendly machine and then slap the occasional "M" rated game on and then expect everyone to come running. I just doesn't work that way. You need to do the smal things over time, and "PROVE" to the HC crowd, that you support them in all ways possible.

MS sees that they need to do everything possible to close the gap between the ONE and PS4. I can honestly say, that I have personally seen how much better PS3 games sale on a global basis over the 360, due to region locking. Now, MS can see that this is just one more area where they are loosing business to the competition. If guys/gals want to buy a game early, or get a game that may never come to their region, why is that so bad?

"N" will never admit that others have good ideas, and that they should go with the flow. If Sony and MS are now offering import games, why does "N" have to be the odd man out? Trophies/Achievements is another area where "N" can't see the interest, but that is not for them to decide. I personally don't have the biggest interest in this feature, but thousands(maybe even millions do), so why not offer if it would help business?

Honestly, I would rather see a petition for an account system for e-shop purchases, as I personally find that more likely to happen, and consumers should find that more beneficial than ever playing a few imports, but that's just me. Sadly, the fact that we should even have to have a discussion on either shows just how far "N" has their head up their ass. "Iwata needs to go", this would be another good petition to start., as he is a programmer turned business man and we can see how poorly that has been working out.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo is so stuck in the days of the Gamecube and a time when the internet was for computers, not consoles, that they will never relinquish their much beloved DRM. It is this reason that I do not purchase consoles as even the most open of the newest gen (the PS4) has stupid DRM all over it. But not my Pandora :)

Maybe marcan releases the exploit for full wiiumode when people explain the region problem. Then you can play all the games from everywhere :) .
That is exactly why he doesn't want to release the exploit: bypassing security to run legit code leads directly to piracy. Running homebrew is a different fork of the same path with a different set of problems. He wants to encourage homebrew without necessarily unlocking it to piracy, even if region free would be a huge benefit. He did the same on the Wii, he had written a basic program that would allow USB loading but never released it because that's not what he wanted to do.

That sux that he doesnt release it. Does anyone know his address? I need to go give him a talking to. If I knew I had the opportunity to use any region's games I might actually get the Wii U. Also, I'd love an upgraded screen on the controller. Its too low-res for my taste (I guess my 1080p phone has kind of spoiled mr in that respect)

I love Nintendo for some of the reasons you mentioned above.

1: It's a console and I only want to play games.

The XBox Menu of my brother's xBox is so annoying.

They spam you with advertisement.

There's a message while gaming when some friend is on.

2: No Achievements

I don't want shitty achievements popping up while playing.

I simply want to play.

3: Paying for online playing with the xBox.

Are they crazy?

How can they do such a thing.

Sony and Nintendo aren't.

If I'd like such bullshit I'd play on a Computer with Steam-network.

But I don't.

Region code is annoying but it's just a matter of time until it's hacked and you can play imported games.

Are they crazy?

SONY is also gonna start charging a monthly fee for online multuplayer for the ps4 now

1: It's a console and I only want to play games.
I have a small file server for my stuff, and I am using the wii as media center with WiiMC for my tv. Works realy nice :) .

Last edited by a moderator:

Are they crazy?

SONY is also gonna start charging a monthly fee for online multuplayer for the ps4 now
Multiplayer PSN will be $5 a month, and single player stuff(leader boards, trophies, ect), will still be free. So if you want to play call of duty, or Street Fighter VS., they are now charging as well.

I actually stopped paying for LIVE years ago, as I just never played online and the sales they would have on occasion just didn't seem to make it worth my time(I was better off paying full price, then paying for live and then getting a few games on sale). The only games I ever play online are fighting games, and those are far and between at this point as well.

Chris

They just like crack dealers... give everyone a tasty dose of multiplayer COD for free... then start bumping up the price when they know everyones hooked

I sacked paying for LIVE ages ago too, was mostly playing offline and spent more time on my PS3.

Having another monthly bill for my PS4 will please the missus no end, I'm sure... Another reason for an ear-bashing, great

They just like crack dealers... give everyone a tasty dose of multiplayer COD for free... then start bumping up the price when they know everyones hooked

I sacked paying for LIVE ages ago too, was mostly playing offline and spent more time on my PS3.

Having another monthly bill for my PS4 will please the missus no end, I'm sure... Another reason for an ear-bashing, great
Well, their supposed to be improving servers and whatnot, and the pay is actually for PSN Plus membership. I have only had this service free a few times over the last few years, but the common opinion is that it offers "WAY" more value than LIVE. You get a ton of free games every month(for all current Sony gaming systems), along with early access to new PSN games, and great sales for existing titles.

Your so right when you say it's like crack dealers :lol: I guess you can also say it's good business. Sony saw they where loosing revenue to MS due to them having LIVE, so they started the Plus service and since online was free, they needed to offer other incentives to make it worth consumers time. I think they did a great job offering tangible extras, in the absents of paying for online. Now that they have a HUGE "+" membership and everyone sings its praises, now they can make it about online as well.

If they would have just stayed the same course for the last few years, and then sprung up at E3 talking about paying for online services, they probably would have gotten kicked in the nuts like MS did, but since they spent the last few years offering a great service at comparable prices to MS, now they have won the public's confidence.

I still like owning my games, but for $5 dollars a month, it's like having a Gamefly membership(or other rental service), as it offers great titles free to download straight to your device. I can personally see the value here and why so many like it. Many users buy games, finish them within a few days, and then they trade them in or sale them for new titles. Plus membership gives you all the gaming benefits without the headaches. Good idea IMO.

Nintendo has the richest history of gaming over it's competitors, and they have no idea how to use it or profit from it. They really need new leadership, with new ideas. Can you imagine "N" offering a membership program that allowed for playing classic NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Arcade? They are so focused on trying to get games out to sale hardware, they can't see the forest for the trees. Ultimately this is why Iwata is the wrong guy to lead them in battle. He is a former programmer, and no matter how hard he try's, he can never think outside of that box.

When games take forever to release, I'm sure he's telling investors, I used to do this and you can't rush these things. I'm sure this is good, in his understanding of the creative side of things, but it's not good when this is how your making your money. A rich heritage is useless and meaningless if your company goes belly-up. Currently "N" thinks there market won't be effected when PS4/One come to retail, but they are in for a HUGE wake up call come the holidays.

Chris

Are they crazy?

They are also dead for me then.

I don't want to pay monthly.

I want to buy a game and if it supports multiplayer I don't want to play extra.

Back