Wii Video Cable?

sliteist

Website
www.myspace.com
what is the best way to hook the Wii up to a PC monitor?

S-video to VGA or composite to VGA?

i have been told that S-video would be best. the problem is i have no qlue how i would connect my wii to my PC monitor.

any help would be amazing thanks...

You need a VGA box. Beware though, the cheap ones don´t sopport TFT monitors and are shitty in every other way too. Decent ones start at 70€ or so.

so the Logic 3 VGA Box seems good, is that a thunbs up from evryone???. Does anyone ells have the Logic 3 VGA Box so i can get some comparison..
thanks...

vga boxes are shitt, a total waste of money.
Im sure there will be a 3rd party vga cable for wii like there was for gc, get that.
Or if not get a rgb cable and a rgb>vga adapter, vga really isn't much more then rgb +timing stuff, so you lose less quality this way then with s-video/composite.

I do not agree. Vga boxes can provide a really good picture if you use them with a CRT monitor. Unluckily TFT monitors aren´t good for this task, since their scaling chips are mostly crap, they make the picture look blurred and jagged at the same time.
Threre are VGA boxes who can scale up to 1024x768, but i have no clue if the scaling is good, and you can get an used 30' TV for less, so thats what i did.

on the same kind of subject, does anyone know if the av output on the wii will be the same as the last 3 nintendo machines (snes/n64/gamecube), just wondering if i have to get a new rgb scart lead for when i get my wii, i hate the shitty composite leads they give you.

Back